Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Terrain destruction! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 07:37 PM

Refleax has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongora View Post
The ability to literally rip apart your enemies buildings and walls alone is quite entertaining, that alone is reason enough to attack someone! Tho terrain destruction would require a ton of work that really is not overly needed but destruction of trees and flora would be interesting.
Not sure if you will be able to set things on fire like forests surrounding your enemy for example...good move if elves are hiding in the trees xD!
Someone has a grudge against tree huggers.

Seriously tough, breakable walls should be enough for now but who knows what we may see in the future.

Last edited by Refleax : 01-24-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 PM

Winnosh has a default reputation

one thing which would be able to leave damages like that are obviously magical attacks as well as seige engines. I would think damage such as that would hamper troop movements.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 PM

Desthin has a default reputation

Being able to use your environment to your advantage would be really neat tho, destabilize walls by destroying the ground they are on or something similar, being able to take enemy bodies after fights to launch with catapults to ruin enemy morale would be super cool too. Nothing quite like chucking comrades' bodies to ruin someone's morale!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 AM

havoksage has a default reputation

Yeah it would be awesome to have Terrain destruction... or maybe something like Company of heroes... where buildings can be torn down etc.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:50 AM

Zary has a default reputation

Yep is true is very difficult and i have to say that a good destructable walls physics are enough for me, and soldier flying . When i say craters i mean something like company of heroes or similar, of course is not essential! BUt corpses and walls would be excellent!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:01 PM

Pilus has a default reputation

I remember terrain destruction in C&C Tiberium Sun, when using artillery. I found it very annoying, because the areas ended up looking very strange and that expansion of bases were impossible (because the holes were permanent).
Old 02-08-2011, 01:27 PM

Ezekiel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Thats pretty much hitting the nail on the head right there. Would be hardly seen, there are much better things we could add which would be, such as more realistic knock-back and even soldiers flying/falling off walls to their deaths.

We are going to have fully destructible walls in the game, this should feed your lust for now Zary when you will have to repair your walls and buildings.
Im all for this, ofc having damaged terrain etc would be nice, there is much better things that they can add to the game to give it a more dynamic gaming experience. Even if the terrain damage is low like people say, after a few wars it will start adding up and would eventually become quite a fair bit, which i could only imagine makin the game require more processing power and taking more space.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Braveman has a default reputation

I would like to be able to cut a path through trees with my catapults to flank an enemy base, or be able to start a forest fire to starve him of wood resources.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Stormeh has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
there are much better things we could add which would be, such as more realistic knock-back and even soldiers flying/falling off walls to their deaths.
Death animations! dear god yes.They are awesome.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

xxxsaxxx has a default reputation

quote+++ nice idea