Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

NO attacking Offline players, can be abused? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

swedishviking has a default reputation

How does the game know if you disconnect forcefully or by accident? They can't unless a significant number of people in your area also lose connection at the same time....it is just an unfortunate fact of life at that point
Old 02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Again great questions that need answers, sadly (you know whats coming) I can't atm, however I wanted to ring in here because in the end as it has been stated, the idea here is to continue patching/improving and releasing new content. If in fact our "fix" per say doesn't pan out (not that I don't think it will) we are very open minded to change the whole concept or parts there in. Point being, even in all our testing etc, once months and months go by, what we thought and even what you guys thought might change in all respects. In this there is no reason not to change it. Get what I mean? In other words, what needs to be done to make the game "Fun" will be done.

-Noel

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 02-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

QuantaDragon has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
The only thing is what if you disconnect due to internet problems?
I wonder about that same thing. Like if you get disconnected and couldn't log back in for a bit, what will happen to you?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I imagine that you will suffer the same 'loss' as if you had disconnected intentionally. There is likely no way for the devs to tell the difference, and it would be unfair for the attacker if you were to disconnect either way in the midst of battle and they get nothing for their effort and potential losses.

However: Perhaps there could be a 'waiting' feature. Basically a sort of 'pause' that would enact in the battle when someone disconnects and which gives them a preset amount of time to reconnect. Say - 5 minutes. They get disconnected and have five minutes to reconnect and resume the battle - if they fail to do so then it is a 'loss' just as if they had declined the fight to begin with.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleIre View Post
However: Perhaps there could be a 'waiting' feature. Basically a sort of 'pause' that would enact in the battle when someone disconnects and which gives them a preset amount of time to reconnect. Say - 5 minutes. They get disconnected and have five minutes to reconnect and resume the battle - if they fail to do so then it is a 'loss' just as if they had declined the fight to begin with.
I believe that is one of the top contenders for the current system--or at least, one of the most logical contenders . Ultimately, I don't think we have much to worry about. The Dev team and their minions are veteran RTS players and know that any system the put in place has the potential for abuse. Fortunately, they also have the knowledge and means to properly safeguard against those abuses.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleIre View Post
I imagine that you will suffer the same 'loss' as if you had disconnected intentionally. There is likely no way for the devs to tell the difference, and it would be unfair for the attacker if you were to disconnect either way in the midst of battle and they get nothing for their effort and potential losses.

5 minutes is ridiculous, waiting that long just to continue an attack is dumb. what do i do in the mean time, stare at a paused screen for 5 minutes.....and if they allow you to "minimize" the battle and go work on your city, do i get forcefully pulled back to the battle if they long on again or is it possible to forget the battle and i suddenly lose....does an AI take over

1 minute is my vote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

Honestly, if you lose internet connection - how many people will be able to regain it and reconnect to the game in 1 minute? That'd be useless for most people. I don't think five minutes is that long and I don't think it's asking a lot for you to wait five minutes in order to finish your attack. I agree that it would be better if they allowed you to do something else during that 'pause', but I don't think it's entirely necessary. Get up and go get a drink - bam, five minutes over.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

thinking on it a little bit, 5 minutes is a bit manageable however i would prefer to be able to do something else in the mean time
Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

I bet when you do alot of challenges with other players you will meet frequently more dropouts.
trust me you are going to get crazy with 5 min.
But on the other side, if your the one that drops out and you just lose your resources by a lame dropout its fustrating as well.
I Kinda vote for AI take over, but overall i just need to experience it to really have my opinion in this matter.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM

CzeReptile has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by master0p View Post
For what i know is, if you would be attacked and your online and the siege would start and you would go offline, it will count as a loss.
So I wouldn't be worried about that.

I will be worried that some people might "lagspike" other people so they dropout.
I wonder if that will count as a loss..
what about if you have to go just as the siege begins?