Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

logging in and out - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 12:42 PM

fatedragon has a default reputation

i do not like the idea when you get a DC that you will pay massive can there be a way that you give people 5 min to log in back that the battle will be on pause or something
Old 02-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

I think Nauro has had the best idea. An easy AI, that everyone should be able to beat, but will still put up enough of a fight so that you wont be losing a battle that you were winning when you DC'd.

Another idea spawning off of Nauro's. (That I had.)
Unit's of the DC'er do nothing but get a slight/major defensive buff so they die more slowly. Giving the person the chance to get back in game. But not stopping the person who is still in the battle from winning.

The biggest problem with this sort of thing is: "Oh, I'm losing?" /unplug modem. Now I'm griefing the person who was beating me by forcing them to take longer.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

franticdaz1 has a default reputation

i dont think any ai should take over. your units should just auto attack but you should be able to reconnect. dc = loss knid of sux
Old 02-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Braveman has a default reputation

I personally think having an easyish AI would be best because if you are winning and get disconnected for some reason by accident at least your units would move and fight for the short time it may take you to reconnect and you may not have completely lost your advantage.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:14 PM

nauro has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franticdaz1 View Post
i dont think any ai should take over. your units should just auto attack but you should be able to reconnect. dc = loss knid of sux
Simple auto attacking is a form of AI so you are sort of making a contradictive statement. I'm not saying the AI should be some military genius but say your forces are like 10 x the size of the enemy and you get dc'd do you really want all your units going in gung ho or something?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:31 AM

Artois has a default reputation

always a good idea, probably the people will not log out instead of fight whit this sistem