Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

When offline - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Dreadnought has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACancel View Post
Sounds like this could really be a problem for people without the time to pop in or stick around to play. Either way the bugs will get ironed out with a few weeks of testing.

No I dont think it will be a problem, if you read Joseph Vischers little story he kind of answers that
Old 02-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Pilus has a default reputation

When I first read about the game I feared that you could be attacked etc when offline. I have played Travian at some point and the part about being attacked while being away really turned me away from the game. I am very happy to see that your kingdom is more safe when offline.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 PM

Wolfpack has a default reputation

Skill training has been done in games like EVE, so im interested as well to see of this works out.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:10 AM

doomkid98 has a default reputation

hopefully the cosen solution for this wont break the game too much as it has great potential
Old 02-06-2011, 04:25 PM

KingofPain has a default reputation

if you are being attacked by a lower / higher level player than you, you need to pay more or less
Old 02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Just a short story about bad game design.
Truth, this is really a worthy post. I get what you guys want no doubt about it, but to implement it would be fail at allot of levels. However, I personally believe in an expansion or update we could do something like an area of dispute. Where alliances (guilds ) would fight over a major block of land holding multiple towns, resources etc that can be sacked at anytime. Something like this would be a bit more doable just because it would be a controlled effort by many not just one or two people.

Thou these are "my personal opinions" and in no way reflect those of Reverie World Studios, 505 games or any subsidiarity there in. (great concepts come from great discussions!)

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 02-07-2011, 03:19 PM

cyril360 has a default reputation

is possible destroy a player entire city (logged on) or conquer the city for the attacker?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril360 View Post
is possible destroy a player entire city (logged on) or conquer the city for the attacker?
The player is never totally destroyed. (see fantasy Friday postings and FAQ) but to sum, basically if you attack a players main keep and looses , he takes a great amount of resources hits and damage to all his structures that happened in the battle. So there is rebuilding and basically trying to pull himself/herself back out of starting mode

However , a player is never fully Knocked out of the game per say. So destroyed, sure, knocked out of the game no. Effective in game play for the next few days to come back at you? highly doubtful, but then again he/she could have an alliance and seek vengance. This game has more then just the "I attack this guy and ..." I can tell you this much, I will definitly have "Friends" in game

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"

Last edited by Noel Bohac : 02-07-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:43 PM

cyril360 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Bohac View Post
The player is never totally destroyed. (see fantasy Friday postings and FAQ) but to sum, basically if you attack a players main keep and looses , he takes a great amount of resources hits and damage to all his structures that happened in the battle. So there is rebuilding and basically trying to pull himself/herself back out of starting mode

However , a player is never fully Knocked out of the game per say. So destroyed, sure, knocked out of the game no. Effective in game play for the next few days to come back at you? highly doubtful, but then again he/she could have an alliance and seek vengance. This game has more then just the "I attack this guy and ..." I can tell you this much, I will definitly have "Friends" in game
it ll be fun getting some friends start bullying player without alliances
Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 PM

neapliGamer has a default reputation
Talking

here's the answer i found @ FAQ

Q: Can you opt out of a fight?
A: Yes, but it costs resources. If you opt out, the attacking player cannot challenge you again for a predetermined amount of time.

Q: Can my stronghold be attacked when I'm offline?
A: No, your stronghold will remain untouched.

Q: What happens if a player leaves or signs out in the middle of a skirmish?
A: It will be counted as a resignation, and that player will be forced to pay tribute to his or her attackers.

hope it helped