Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Purchasing Diffrential advantage? - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 05:40 AM

Kimbad has a default reputation

This is true.
But this system is not inherently bad; From the time the content is accessible game from influence, it will not pose a problem in the long term.
If, indeed, a feature is available in the game after three months of actual play, so he can get it instantly buy with real money, then it may be problematic.
Online gamers who generally pay accounts on media mmorpg will not find it unpleasant.
It is simply that it does not run like a F2P market upraroxxor ...
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 AM

Smikis has a default reputation

lotro is one of worst examples while pointing to f2p game , buying game cost 10 times less than actually buying quest packs and zone unlocks and all that, so its kinda messed up, not to mention cap on gold items, and everything else.. i hope this will be nothing more of new dlcs and skins, which wont be priced 10 bucks per 5 quests.. where expansion pack featuring all that costs same 10 bucks , and brings 10 times more as in lotro..
Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Pilus has a default reputation

I personally would prefer to see it funded by microtransactions rather than a monthly fee. However I just hope that the gain from those payments will not tip the scales so much that they are needed for you to have an enjoyable experience with the game.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Lets not forget this particular issue.

F2P has several major effects on games.

1. People have a habit of making multiple accounts for the purpose of gaining an advantage over their fellow players. This happens no matter how many characters they have to level up to gain said advantage.

2. The maturity level goes through the basement. You end up with tons of people who fit the following a catagories.
a. Sociopathic individuals who do everything they can to disrupt the play experience and are not held back due to having a minimal financial investment in their character.
b. Young kids and children who tend to lower the intelligence level as well as the over all flavor of the game in terms of role playing. Typically the free to play kids are the "Leet speak" types who tend to ruin the atmosphere in any sort of public chat.
c. Fly by night players who join random clans and either leave again shortly after or serve as a disruption causing as much damage as they can before they quit or are booted. Normally not an issue but in F2P they become more common and it becomes very difficult to maintain a community because people have less of an incentive to log in every night if they are again investing nothing into the game financially.

3. Cross nation cheating becomes a problem due to the multiple account thing. Player's log in on opposite races, alliances, nations, what have you and feed strategic information about thier enemy from an account that is logged in and friendly to that enemy.

These things don't generally impact F2P games that lack major pvp but in a game like this where you have somthing to gain or lose, F2P generally causes endless cheating and meta gaming.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darklegends8 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griegor Mcvennor View Post
Lets not forget this particular issue.

F2P has several major effects on games.

1. People have a habit of making multiple accounts for the purpose of gaining an advantage over their fellow players. This happens no matter how many characters they have to level up to gain said advantage.

2. The maturity level goes through the basement. You end up with tons of people who fit the following a catagories.
a. Sociopathic individuals who do everything they can to disrupt the play experience and are not held back due to having a minimal financial investment in their character.
b. Young kids and children who tend to lower the intelligence level as well as the over all flavor of the game in terms of role playing. Typically the free to play kids are the "Leet speak" types who tend to ruin the atmosphere in any sort of public chat.
c. Fly by night players who join random clans and either leave again shortly after or serve as a disruption causing as much damage as they can before they quit or are booted. Normally not an issue but in F2P they become more common and it becomes very difficult to maintain a community because people have less of an incentive to log in every night if they are again investing nothing into the game financially.

3. Cross nation cheating becomes a problem due to the multiple account thing. Player's log in on opposite races, alliances, nations, what have you and feed strategic information about thier enemy from an account that is logged in and friendly to that enemy.

These things don't generally impact F2P games that lack major pvp but in a game like this where you have somthing to gain or lose, F2P generally causes endless cheating and meta gaming.
Based on what I've read in the faq, I don't think "spying" will be an issue because of how pvp works here.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:37 PM

Kultyz has a default reputation

I'm one of those that believe the existence of sell out some game "advantages" will only make the game less played and somehow less user friendly.

I do believe that if there has to be something sold to those who can and want to spend on it, it could be not advantages, but either visual effects or shiny stuff that would not compromise the game and the equalty of each players but it would bring players who are willing to have their own more exclusive kind of army or something even if it is a more "colourfull" banner to themselves.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

I'd just like to bring up a quick reminder to the doomsayers that Dawn of Fantasy is not "F2P" in the traditional sense that it literally costs nothing to play. The game itself is not free--it will retail, in all likelihood, around the standard $50-60 mark that is common for all new PC games. You cannot download the title for free, and if I don't miss my guess, you can have only one account per copy of the game via use of unique CD-Key.

That means each individual DoF account would cost $50-60.

Not only would that highly discourage any one person having multiple accounts, but it proves a high monetary barrier-to-entry to anyone who simply wants to grief others.

Last edited by TriggerHappyNDB : 02-07-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Missing punctuation