Casual Players? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin

Azrealle has a default reputation
Default Casual Players?

This game sounds exactly like what the RTS community needs (IMHO), it will bring a persistant world which will remove the annoyance of zerg rush wins and give you a feeling of over-all game play story arcs... As a casual player am I going to be destroyed every week when I log off for 3-4 days at a time though? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to spend hours a day building up the orcish hordes to trounce humans but I have a family so...

Still reading and learning but I thought I would ask and see what folks say based on their own research.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:40 PM

BigX has a default reputation

It certainly look like a refreshing way to approach an RTS. Hopefully it brings a wave of new big style RTS games. Bit bored of the same old crap that keep coming out.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

EdwardTheGreat has a default reputation

Based on my own research, I believe that once you log off, you can not be attacked by another player, but it will be nice not having to worry about losing what you work for while one is at work or tending to his or her family.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTheGreat View Post
Based on my own research, I believe that once you log off, you can not be attacked by another player, but it will be nice not having to worry about losing what you work for while one is at work or tending to his or her family.
Do not worry about that you cannot be attacked while offline and above all there are level brackets being assigned so higher levels cannot just pwn the low level or new people joining the game.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Well that is certainly a relief. I wonder what oppurtunities there will be for roleplaying? Would it be possible to roleplay a kingdom as opposed to just being a collection of player clans?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:02 AM

doomkid98 has a default reputation

that has certantly relieved me now that i know i wont be ganked when im logged off but a new concern has arisen: wont it be extremely difficult to find people to raid as a majority of the players wont be logged on when u want to raid and therefor you will have to travel quite far to find someone.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Lee7778747 has a default reputation

There will be quests to do and a.I. to fight if a lot of people aren't on
Old 02-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

nocixel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
Do not worry about that you cannot be attacked while offline and above all there are level brackets being assigned so higher levels cannot just pwn the low level or new people joining the game.

If the attack was initiated while you were online, can you log out real quick?
Or is it too late, at that point?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocixel View Post
If the attack was initiated while you were online, can you log out real quick?
Or is it too late, at that point?
What we've been told so far is that when a player initiates an attack against you, you have two options:
  1. Accept the challenge and bunker down in your fortress, ready to fend off the attacker's advance, or
  2. Refuse the challenge and pay a resource tribute to your attacker. The amount of the tribute will depend on your level in relation to your attacker: The more challenging the opponent, the lower the tribute required to deny their challenge, and vice-versa.
Logging out with the challenge dialog on the screen would probably start a countdown timer to automatic refusal. If you log back in quickly enough (in the case of say, a disconnection), you may still have time to accept the challenge. If you do not, you will automatically decline and pay tribute to the attacker once it reaches zero.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:10 PM

Wuldor has a default reputation

Im glad you cant be attacked when offline there would be nothing worse than coming on to find you had been raided