Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Tactical system - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation
Lightbulb Tactical system

Hey guys,

I was checking and thinking about the big armies we could have.
It would be nice to have a some sort of tactical system.

Some sort of system that will place your battalions on a certain postion with eachother.
You can make up your own tactical placements.

For me i am always organised and in a battle especially with battalions with cons and pros i would love to see a system like this that 10 battalions are organised on the right way.

This is just a basic sketch i made.

As a player you would have for example 3 tactical slots.( maybe if u lvl up u get more?)
If you would click on the "def1" button it will randomly pick the battalions needed for those slots to get in that order.
And you could quickly change with the other tactical button off1 to get in offensive position.

Its just a basic explaination... might be something cool for in the future!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

It almost sounds like a micro management system similar to what you see in sega's total war series. But i suppose one of the big questions would be: how does this affect current movement systems? Is there a grouping feature? How are units controlled? single/unit based or just unit based? If its done right it can be implemented without affecting the current movement system and allow for custom formations that you could possible have pre-set to the battle and allow on the fly formation changes to accommodate current battle situations. I could be wrong in how in interpreted this, if so im sorry and will try to look at it from a different perspective.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3n View Post
It almost sounds like a micro management system similar to what you see in sega's total war series. But i suppose one of the big questions would be: how does this affect current movement systems? Is there a grouping feature? How are units controlled? single/unit based or just unit based? If its done right it can be implemented without affecting the current movement system and allow for custom formations that you could possible have pre-set to the battle and allow on the fly formation changes to accommodate current battle situations. I could be wrong in how in interpreted this, if so im sorry and will try to look at it from a different perspective.
The medieval series you first had to click and drag them on the floor and you couldn't really pick which unit would stand where.. the computer pick where the melee was and the skimirishers and archers.

Actually it was really a basic idea.
It could turn into anything if you think about all the options how to implent this.
For example if you click "def1" it will pick the units you need and then you would press the floor.They would walk/run there and assume the position. And it will remember the units which was picked so your other units that are not in tactical formation will be used unless 1 of your battalions is wiped.

if you wish you can still click all the units and just attack like a barbarian without tactics.. but this will be very usefull for starting battles to collect your line or when you are regrouping .

Also it would be nice if you could have a preference for high lvl or low lvl units in that tactical formation.. so with a battle you first wanna throw in the newbies and then the proffesionals or the other way around.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM

linkinyellow has a default reputation

this is a new game. It seems like you guys have no faith in there creativity. so much mentioned about how it would be cool if the game was like total war. if you want to play those games, buy them and play them. i personaly hope that the tactics are set up as the game goes on. there is no reason that someone should be denied the right to attack you while you are still getting ready. its about speed. this isn't chess.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:54 PM

natatan has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinyellow View Post
this is a new game. It seems like you guys have no faith in there creativity.
Isn't this thread suposed to give ideas. AKA adding to the creativity. I think these are some good sugestions.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:00 PM

linkinyellow has a default reputation

all im saying is that this game needs to be epic, not a cheap copy. is anyone realy hoping for a cheap copy?

Last edited by linkinyellow : 02-04-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:17 PM

natatan has a default reputation

No i don' believe anyone is looking for a cheep copy. this game caught my intrest especially because of its "epic"ness and uniqueness. i am exited for when the game comes out.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Wolfpack has a default reputation

Somewhere between Total war and Hearts of iron would be awesome.