Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Offline play? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 PM

Adonai_80 has a default reputation
Default Offline play?

Sorry, I did a search for offline and single player, but saw no results -- is there an 'offline' mode - like Sandbox or anything?

I definately want to do online, but in practice/training/tutorials is there an offline mode?
Old 02-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

pkdavid has a default reputation

Look here http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...4318#post34318
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 AM

Skarik has a default reputation

From what I've read, unleass I'm mistaken it eems that only Skirmishes will be available for Single Player, which is a shame. It'd have been nice to have some form of 'world conquest' single player campaign, similar to the Total War series from Creative Assembley. =/
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarik View Post
From what I've read, unleass I'm mistaken it eems that only Skirmishes will be available for Single Player, which is a shame. It'd have been nice to have some form of 'world conquest' single player campaign, similar to the Total War series from Creative Assembley. =/
No wrong

There will be a kingdom mode..
If you have checked the link you would see this between the answered questions

Kingdom Wars Mode

Q: What is Kindgom Wars?
A: Kingdom Wars is an exclusively single-player Risk-style campaign with a mix of Skirmish and MMORTS gameplay elements to create a new, action-packed experience exclusively for single-player gamers. This game mode takes the epic siege warfare, continuous army progression, army construction, and World Map from the Online Kingdom mode and pairs it with an intelligent AI, while leaving out city construction, economic management, questing, and field combat to promote fast-paced action at every turn.

Unlike in the Online Kingdom mode, players will gain control of any strongholds they conquer, as well as their automated economies. These towns will work just like your original homecity and players will be able to train units of that stronghold's race - meaning that they do not have any set race and can wreak havoc on Mythador with Elven, Orc, and Human armies. If the player completes these quests by conquering the twelve main towns, victory is theirs. If the AI takes all of your towns, the player will still be in the game for as long as they have an army. If this happens, it's suggested that they try to recover by sieging one of the smaller main towns or one of the miscellaneous homelands which dot the map.

Q: So if I can attack an AI-controlled stronghold, can they come back and attack one of mine?
A: Yes, Kingdom Wars uses an intelligent AI that will simulate fellow players seeking the same goal as yourself - world domination. This means, that they can attack your stronghold any time. If this happens, you will get a message alerting you of the impending attack and you can either face the onslaught or pay off your attacker with a hefty tribute.

Q: What are the available Victory Conditions?
A: There are three ways to play Kingdom Wars: the short campaign (Unification War), the long campaign (Realm War), and the epic campaign (Total War). In the short campaign, players start with one major town and their goal is to conquer the other three major towns of their race as well as 50% of their race's minor towns. In the long campaign, players start with one region - one capital town and two minor towns, and their goal is to conquer one of the other two races and to conquer all of their major and minor towns. In the epic campaign, players start with one region and their goal is to conquer every major town on the map for all three races, as well as 50% of all the minor towns.

Last edited by master0p : 02-04-2011 at 06:15 AM.