Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Army Banners - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 11:09 PM

Lee7778747 has a default reputation

The reason I brought this issue up was that I played APB (all points bullitin). The great this about that game was the customization and what you could make. I remember seeing like geek squad vans and other things. I just thought it would be really cool to see different banners for alliances or just your town in general. It's definitly not a requirement at all for the game just something I thought would be pretty cool and I know would be a great added bonus to some people.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee7778747 View Post
The reason I brought this issue up was that I played APB (all points bullitin). The great this about that game was the customization and what you could make. I remember seeing like geek squad vans and other things. I just thought it would be really cool to see different banners for alliances or just your town in general. It's definitly not a requirement at all for the game just something I thought would be pretty cool and I know would be a great added bonus to some people.
Customization is ok. However I prefer to have gameplay and balance be a priority over that. I mean I beta testes APB....and I hated it. The idea was awesome on paper but the execution WAS TERRIBLE. I seriously did not enjoy the game for more then 40 mins.

Oh and trust me I pick up various games and been in various beta testing and do not suck or do biased reviews of games. (hell I hit lvl 50 in Aion 1 month from release and I still give it a decent review)
Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I think it'd be simple enough to prevent abuse. You could make it so you can change color schemes without problem. Also, the use of presets would prevent most abuse. To allow it to be more customizable, they could allow 1-2 color fields on each banner and 2 images (from preset image selections). They could have heraldic-like icons and then simpler icons (like scrolls, elven text, etc.) that could be used beneath certain icons if you desired.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 AM

blackraven has a default reputation

I love customizing banners and stuff That was my favorite part in the first Dawn of War. So I hope using Photoshop or something like DOW'S army painter to create banners will be a possibility.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:32 AM

hocus has a default reputation

Customisation is always a fun factor I for one would love to see it introduced, though how many people will play elves and just turn them into dark elves by applying a solid black colour scheme? It might be interesting to see a human unit in pink and orange just for a bit if fun and from a experimental view point. Anyone think a unit like that would get auto gibbed by a whole enemy force?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocus View Post
Customisation is always a fun factor I for one would love to see it introduced, though how many people will play elves and just turn them into dark elves by applying a solid black colour scheme? It might be interesting to see a human unit in pink and orange just for a bit if fun and from a experimental view point. Anyone think a unit like that would get auto gibbed by a whole enemy force?

lol pink and orange you sir are just silly cuse pink and purple are the best oh and a unicorn on the banner! On a serious note I assume there will be a small form of customizations in game and even that would make me happy.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

@ Noel Bohac.

That is exactly the reason why this game is going to be succesfull .
The experience and passion that your dev team have is just amazing.
When i read how much passion you have after 20 years.. its just amazing.

I feel the same i grow up with Dos games when i was small and i could even type some dos codes to install and start a game up when i was like 5-6 years young.
And to see a grand work of art like this coming out after all these years gaming!

Just one word "fantastic" to see people have the same passion.

About banners , I prefer preset symbols which you can blend in as well with other symbols.
Ofcourse you can pick the background color and colors of the lines/symbols.
Forming a guild/alliance would be nice to see the different people acting like some sort of vassel of the guild/alliance by having each theyre own banner.
Everyone still wanna be unique right so having your own banner is kinda a must!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master0p View Post
@ Noel Bohac.

That is exactly the reason why this game is going to be succesfull .
The experience and passion that your dev team have is just amazing.
When i read how much passion you have after 20 years.. its just amazing.

I feel the same i grow up with Dos games when i was small and i could even type some dos codes to install and start a game up when i was like 5-6 years young.
And to see a grand work of art like this coming out after all these years gaming!

Just one word "fantastic" to see people have the same passion.

About banners , I prefer preset symbols which you can blend in as well with other symbols.
Ofcourse you can pick the background color and colors of the lines/symbols.
Forming a guild/alliance would be nice to see the different people acting like some sort of vassel of the guild/alliance by having each theyre own banner.
Everyone still wanna be unique right so having your own banner is kinda a must!

Yes that would be a good way of limiting all the obscene banners that could be made in photoshop and would be made. I think that would actually be the best way to do it kind of like Black Ops.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:57 AM

nauro has a default reputation

It wouldn't make sense to not have banners or some other identifying thing.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:24 PM

ZyndromZ has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
Depending on the level of customization it could be good, however, having people with obscene banners well.....just would not be cool.
This, indeed.