Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dark Elves Must Rise From The Deep!! - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

In my own humble opinion. I'd recommend waiting on future expansions for new races. I'd recommend fewer races at the start to make balancing easier. Balance with the races will play a huge factor in pvp and not only that will determine how much fun people will have playing the races they like.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
In my own humble opinion. I'd recommend waiting on future expansions for new races. I'd recommend fewer races at the start to make balancing easier. Balance with the races will play a huge factor in pvp and not only that will determine how much fun people will have playing the races they like.
You bring up a very good point imo. From what ive been reading we shouldnt see much more till some form of expansion(dwarves?) and perhaps dragons sooner. Balance seems to be a make it or break it for a game these days.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

arthas242 has a default reputation

who need's other race's, when we all know orc's will rule the world in this game
Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 PM

lamaking65 has a default reputation

i dont get the deal with dark elves and why everyone loves them its either elves halfelves or dark elves
Old 02-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

wiredpenguin has a default reputation

I've always been partial to the Drow (specifically from Forgotten Realms. They are the ones who worship Lolth the Spider Queen and are matriarchal), but I'm not sure if they should be a separate race or just a faction.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:37 AM

DisgruntledGoat has a default reputation

I like the idea of Drow being part of the game but I have found a few flaws that would arise from their implementation into the game....

First off it seems that there are already other playable races in the works namely dragons and dwarves (atleast from what i read in frequently asked questions thread) I would hate to see two many playable races pop into the game at one time and mess up all the balancing. I think back to when Death Knights were added to WoW, they were fun to use but really over powered in the begining. of course all new content needs tweaking eventually but Drow as of now seem to be a bit of a stretch.

Also Drow primarily live underground with doing surface raids very rarely. This would require the need for a whole new siege mechanic of attacking cave systems since thats where the Drow live. Also the Drow would have to have some sort of debuff applied to them when on the surface since they arent used to the sunlight. I also remember in the Forgotten Realm books that their magic was altered by being on the surface. These could turn into very cool game mechanics however.

I think if the Drow were added to the game in a seperate world with different mechanics suited for cave living that would work fine. The game could even go as far as to add Gnomes and Dwarves in the caves of the underdark for a whole new experience to the game.

odd thing is, as i wrote about why they shouldn't be in the game i ended up ratteling off features that seemed really cool to me >.<

(this is my first post... hope it was helpful)
Old 02-04-2011, 06:11 AM

Skarik has a default reputation

I definitely back this. Dark elves have always been a favourite of mine. D&D Drow were brilliant, and the Warhammer dark elves, especially in Battle March, were brilliant fun to play. ^.^
Old 02-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I agree that dwarves are a much better fit. Dark elves are, I think, regardless of how much you change them still going to be a bit too similar to elves. I'd rather see dwarves and then perhaps something else completely different from any of the other races.

Dark elves might be alright if you made them obsessed with dark magic and thus merged the dark elves and undead concepts - creating a dark elf/undead army.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Dawiichan has a default reputation

Would be pretty cool, I wouldn't mind it. Honestly though, I think there could be other classes first like Dwarves.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Mokhir has a default reputation

Good idea, i support it