Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Hmm mmorts? - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 01:14 AM

Jolleyboy has a default reputation

Its been great to see how active the devs are in these forums! It gives me great hope for this game

I'm very interested to see how this all plays out. I've got my fingers crossed for something Epic.
I'm curious as to how factions will be able to work together against other factions. Will there be multi army wars where you meet on a battlefield on the front lines of the current border between 2 opposing factions? That would be amazing! Especially if there was a King, or a Counsel of Kings that had a zoomed out view of the field and could give direction to each of the players as they micro their armies in their part of the front line

Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 AM

Zabu has a default reputation

It has been a nice concept that wasn't used that much nad it's still rare to see some MMORTS, i'm excited about this kind of games since MMOFPS/ MMOTPS are really nice and change a lot from classic fps/tps, it would be great to see all well this is going. Lags might be a problem with big fights but it could be really awesome to look some serious clans fighting each other with massive troops.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:28 AM

Arachnid has a default reputation

I agree. There are many issues that aren't a problem with mmorpg's or mmofps's that are an issue for mmorts games because mmofps games you have 0 risk if you're offline, same with mmorpg's...with exceptions like Eve Online, but I won't go there. MMORTS games, you're risking losing your army, resources, etc., and with a persistant economy where you're gaining resources even when you're offline, rates need to be altered, guilds/alliances and how they interact need to be handled differently, the game pace is different, etc. but this game does look very exciting and I'm looking forward to more press releases so we can learn more things.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 AM

Th3 Mastodon has a default reputation

Im looking forward to see how its gonna work.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 AM

Zenidiller has a default reputation
Default lame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Well there will certainly be advertising. Once the publisher decides to start it, they'll launch a marketing campaign. So it'll be fine in terms of that.
lame unless they make it optional.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 AM

Zenidiller has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
I agree. There are many issues that aren't a problem with mmorpg's or mmofps's that are an issue for mmorts games because mmofps games you have 0 risk if you're offline, same with mmorpg's...with exceptions like Eve Online, but I won't go there. MMORTS games, you're risking losing your army, resources, etc., and with a persistant economy where you're gaining resources even when you're offline, rates need to be altered, guilds/alliances and how they interact need to be handled differently, the game pace is different, etc. but this game does look very exciting and I'm looking forward to more press releases so we can learn more things.
Yeah but you cannot gain in resources while offline either.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:23 PM

BassZ1890 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenidiller View Post
Yeah but you cannot gain in resources while offline either.
I thought it said that you still gain resources and tech while offline but at a severely reduced pace.