Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Time well spent - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Human Sect:
Peasant

Hydroken has a default reputation
Default Time well spent

As all other mmo RTS games I figure there will be some waiting time in between builing army and cities or just needing to wait for more resorces to come in to make a certain somthing or do a reaserch.

What i propose is to have a system set up so you can go chop wood and help bring in wood much faster. maby a minigame to assist with research or even going out to train your hero by himself or with few companions. helping fill the time void will keep players not only at their seats but will also help avoid boredom.

Im not to sure if this system is already in place or not but it would be a great addition to this game if not
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Actually a good idea, at the start the system I have no doubt is a bit slow paced because as you said you build up and just start out. After your first day of questing/building/mining etc... there are moment where you will have to wait I am sure to do something. This is a great idea actually, thou from what I read there is some kind points you earn that can speed things along. Maybe use your idea with getting these points then being able to speed up stuff like resource gathering or building. Good idea thou, I wouldn't mind seeing...

- A meeting hub (that in game would be a tavern) and you could meet other lords there on neutral ground.
- Here you can talk and strategize while participating in mini-games that would represent the era the devs are working in.
- Game like , drinking ones, (click the mouse so many times etc) and cards, dice, your basic gambling games.
- Later they could even expand this into 1st person shoot offs with archery , or maybe current rts view one and one combat (like a tournement of champions, jousting etc)

Eh a ton they could do, just don't know if it's in the schedual. Anyways, great idea!

-Guardious

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 PM

Peacebringer01 has a default reputation

Sounds interesting. I'd like the idea if a good system is in place to prevent people from using a macro or keylogger to do it all the time to take advantage of it though
Old 01-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

I can only assume, but I think the game is complex enough that marcos would not do so well in this game..in the mmo part of it anyway>_>
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroken View Post
helping fill the time void will keep players not only at their seats but will also help avoid boredom.t
See that's the thing though, our game allows you to go outside and breathe some air while waiting. Hypothetically you can take a break, or do something else if you're busy, and come back to new resources and abilities to use.
Tis what makes EVE so great for people like me, since it also involves a lot of waiting, and that's what will make DoF great.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
See that's the thing though, our game allows you to go outside and breathe some air while waiting. Hypothetically you can take a break, or do something else if you're busy, and come back to new resources and abilities to use.
Tis what makes EVE so great for people like me, since it also involves a lot of waiting, and that's what will make DoF great.
I agree, or would agree except I have two characters for that reason. One to mine and one to haul/missions.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
There is a large group of players out there who would rather do something else than wait to kill 99 wild boars

And in Dawn of Fantasy - we give you the option to do "something else" outside of waiting for a certain event (building, resources e.t.c) - you can even log of and switch off your computer.
However - we know another group of players - loves to play continuously, and we tried to make everyone happy - Dawn of Fantasy does offer a lot of side activities. For example - even in the really early game, while waiting for your peasants to gather or a certain building to go up, you can:
-Perform one of many dozens of quests and progress with the storyline
-Send army to fight Player Vs Environment in the nearby territory
-Send army to fight a PvP
-Send goods/livestock e.t.c for sale to one of NPC towns
-Explore NPC towns
-Chat with other players, try to make it into a guild
And so on and so on...

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 01-26-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 AM

Well yeah, pretty much like EVE.
There's plenty of stuff to do there and you don't really have to stop if you don't want to. If it isn't community interaction then its' usually money related (missions/trading), so yeah, it's a similar structure here.

Which is GOOD, don't get me wrong, EVE is an excellent game so I was definitely happy with the way DoF's systems were structured.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:26 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

Slightly off-topic thread hijacking... XD

What do you think of Incursion so far? The new character creator? The actual incursions (though I guess those don't happen for at least another couple of hours because they pushed back the patch date)? ect...
Old 01-27-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkor View Post
Slightly off-topic thread hijacking... XD

What do you think of Incursion so far? The new character creator? The actual incursions (though I guess those don't happen for at least another couple of hours because they pushed back the patch date)? ect...
I actually didn't get a chance to play them yet (I think they happened if you read the new patch notes), I was too busy doing this... New chargen is gr--Aargh! Stop it! No off-topic guys, back on track everyone.