Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

System of government - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Arachnid has a default reputation

I entirely agree on this! I still remember playing Master of Orion 2 and 3 (yes, 3 sucked, but w/e), and loved all of the different government systems and benefits that went with each one. Anything that adds more depth and complexity to the game while keeping it fun will keep me playing longer. I want something that provides something new to learn even after playing 50 hours. X3: Terran Conflict did that for me...that game had the highest learning curve of any game I know of, with the single exception of Eve: Online. Just google "eve online learning curve" for laughs. But I certainly agree on this idea, and would love to see it implemented.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:49 PM

Warchamp84 has a default reputation
Default Government would be greate

I think the government idea is very interesting.
I think this was said before but ill clear it out a bit with and example

For example you humans. You have one king however there are many other kings for other human factions. There is an alliance and you have a joint council, or you all individuals and its free for all. Lets say you conquer all other human kings since the opposed your rule, so you conquer them giving you a bonus for that race. So now you have all of mankind in you hand, and this should give you a significant bonus of some sort. But it should also provide you with negative impacts such as harder game play, more enemy's and of course more wars to fight against other races and to look after you cites, economy etc

The type of government you are can be preset when you start but your actions can determine the outcome of you nations government slowly.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

In response to the thread, the answer is no. Only government in dawn of fantasy is dictatorship, IE YOU!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

"Roman dictators were allocated absolute power during times of emergency."
The same valid with The War without Kings within the main story line of Dawn of Fantasy.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:28 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
In response to the thread, the answer is no. Only government in dawn of fantasy is dictatorship, IE YOU!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

"Roman dictators were allocated absolute power during times of emergency."
The same valid with The War without Kings within the main story line of Dawn of Fantasy.
How about Guild Goverment? Technically, there can be a government like heirarchy. I'm taking it that a Guild will primarily be a wide spread alliance. Will a guild essentially be just a group that works together on certain things or will there be any other perks associated with being a part of a Guild that could be construed as something as a government?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I wouldn't want some measely AI parliament collecting my taxes.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.