Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

About the suggestions and brainstorming - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Putkonen has a default reputation
Default About the suggestions and brainstorming

I've been reading around this section of forums and seen some really awesome and constructive posts, but I find them a bit hard to find, and I'd like to everyone to share with me, and let us all gather all those great suggestions/ideas/questions/anything you find worth pointing out and put on the table for everyone to look at, and I wish this thing would work, because I'd really like to see community to do effort and make their own hall of fame, here.

Also, I'd also like to hear moderators and team members own opinions and great picks they've seen around the forum, as I'd really like to see what kind of posts you really stop on for and see them worthy of giving a thought (also yes, I did read that one post about spamming and people, and there was one example that was shown for all, I'd really like to see that more, because it really awards the ones who've actually given some time and taught for their ideas)

Good hunting gentlemen, also someone correct me if my grammar fails in the post.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

We're working on a strict schedule, so to be perfectly honest, we are just skimming through the suggestions. But that doesn't mean that we won't be considering them - DOF will live on through DLC, much of which will be inspired by the players' reaction to the shipped product.

So while we can't sufficiently address all of the suggestions and depend on the older fans to restate some of the information to answer questions, we do like hearing your thoughts and hope to put many of them into the game at one point or another. One good way you can help us out is to discuss one another's suggestions, which will give us insight into which ideas are especially popular with the fans.

Another great way to get your suggestions addressed is to sign-up for the beta. We have most of the team checking the private beta forums, and several of your fellow forumer's suggestions (such as new elven/orc siege defenses) are being incorporated. As far as the shipped version goes, we're looking into suggestions of things to modify rather than of things to add - which means that more consideration is given to the beta testers who are playing the game and know what it needs.

So we apologize that we can't respond to all of them (both because of our strict schedule and because we cannot give definite answers without doing research on it later down the road), but they will all be considered at some point.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
We're working on a strict schedule, so to be perfectly honest, we are just skimming through the suggestions. But that doesn't mean that we won't be considering them - DOF will live on through DLC, much of which will be inspired by the players' reaction to the shipped product.

So while we can't sufficiently address all of the suggestions and depend on the older fans to restate some of the information to answer questions, we do like hearing your thoughts and hope to put many of them into the game at one point or another. One good way you can help us out is to discuss one another's suggestions, which will give us insight into which ideas are especially popular with the fans.

Another great way to get your suggestions addressed is to sign-up for the beta. We have most of the team checking the private beta forums, and several of your fellow forumer's suggestions (such as new elven/orc siege defenses) are being incorporated. As far as the shipped version goes, we're looking into suggestions of things to modify rather than of things to add - which means that more consideration is given to the beta testers who are playing the game and know what it needs.

So we apologize that we can't respond to all of them (both because of our strict schedule and because we cannot give definite answers without doing research on it later down the road), but they will all be considered at some point.
good to hear, and to be honest, didnt really realize this before now, thanks for opening my eyes, I understand that there's tight schedule to work on and that leaves not much time to things like that, though, there aint much use for us "normal" forum users to contribute and to point out our views, since we haven't played the game or anything, and all our info is, well, from you guys, and we appreciate that, since there has been a lot of usefull information about the game, the balance, the units and gameplay, keep it going guys.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

You're misunderstanding me if you think there's not much use for someone who hasn't played the beta to make a suggestion. This game has always been a community-driven game - it is literally the product of a community of modders. All I'm saying that we aren't able to address all suggestions at the current time and will not be introducing too many new features to the shipped version of the game.

Suggestions will make their way back into the game through DLC - we may even have castle building or quest writing contests to get a fan concept directly into the game. And if we ever decide to create a new work, we will have more leniency in our vision and be able to work off of the suggestions from our first work to create something even better.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

No I didn't misunderstand your statements, seems that I just expressed myself wrong in some form. (or then its just that its 3am here and I should get some sleep eh?) But, yeah It's great to see how community works and develops something new, its always a fantastic sight.

I've heard lots of talking about the DLCs, and I'd like to hear more about the concept of keeping the game living through dlc content, and as I see it, the whole amount of dlcs will pretty much actually be determined by the community, and of course the team, as new great ideas arise, competitions are held etc, am I right?

I'm just wondering if the majority of suggestions and ideas are "dealt with" later on, as the game has been released, the first version will mostly have the touch of the team and the beta testers, even though the whole game wouldn't be here without the community, I just see that there has to be the deciding organ in the system, and as I see it, its the beta testers, that bring out the experience about the early stages of the game. so, it may be that the old suggestions etc, just simply cant fit the already so far developed game. (Still, I wont mind as long as the game will be awesome, can you guarantee me that please?)