Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

When offline - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Dreadnought has a default reputation

Cheers fellas, hopefully that will work. We'll have to wait and see then.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 PM

Narfi has a default reputation

doesnt sound to bad.

i just hope that the game wont turn into a *wait till someone is offline* game like it is in many browser games.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Rycon has a default reputation

This would is a very good system if of course when the player is offline they cant be sieged/attacked.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narfi View Post
doesnt sound to bad.

i just hope that the game wont turn into a *wait till someone is offline* game like it is in many browser games.
It wont as when you log off no one can attack you.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Kauu has a default reputation

Sounds very interesting. I can't wait to see how all this plays out.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
There isn't really a great way to handle this. If you allow a truly persistent world...then you should be able to be attacked while logged off the game.
All of us have to wake up for work, school, and so on - we really didn`t want to add the stress to wake up and see your town in ruins

Dawn of Fantasy is persistent in all aspects of gameplay other than PvP. Player vs Player or AI vs Player combat is only allowed while your online - and feeling up for a 20+ minute battle.

Otherwise - as have been mentioned in this post - you could simply pay off the attacker - spending some of your hard-earned resourced for an hour without PvP.

Sure - some may say this is not entirely realistic - but there is so much more you could do in the Dawn of Fantasy world - outside of PvP, that we`d rather have you thinking about - the next PvP or PvE battle, fortification upgrade or a quest you`lll do during you next time online, without having to worry about finding your empire in ruin.

There is a famous saying - @#$% happens - not in The Dawn of Fantasy At least now while your enjoying your 8 hours of sleep:P

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 01-20-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Sounds like an excellent ballance for online play. Any ideas Kon on how the pay off will work? A flat fee.. a percentage of resources on hand?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:40 PM

Wyzak has a default reputation

I think they will be able to make it work, provided they don't make it too easy for people to slip out of being-attached by logging off when they see an army approaching. It would also be annoying if you can't log off at all because you are hit by wave after wave after wave of attackers. If that is the case you will basically have to surrender gold, which I don't think would be right. Maybe they should add a time-limit between attacks which you can optionally waiver if you have lots of time and are in the mood for a war!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:44 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

An idea I've always had for something like this is to have a system where if someone enters my territory, I get an e-mail or a text about it, so I can get back home and try to set up some sort of counter offensive before they get to do any real damage.

It would be nice to have some sort of hardcore option where in this would be the case. Your lands are up for taking if you are away, and whatever automated defenses you have (defending armies and NPC's) kick on to take up whatever defensive options you've left them until you return.

Perhaps, when you log back in, your hero avatar could help swing the battle back to your favor as you take full control over your defending armies?

Thats a dream. Getting a text/e-mail while out picking up groceries, rushing home to defend my land. That would be intense.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Dreadnought has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
All of us have to wake up for work, school, and so on - we really didn`t want to add the stress to wake up and see your town in ruins

Dawn of Fantasy is persistent in all aspects of gameplay other than PvP. Player vs Player or AI vs Player combat is only allowed while your online - and feeling up for a 20+ minute battle.

Otherwise - as have been mentioned in this post - you could simply pay off the attacker - spending some of your hard-earned resourced for an hour without PvP.

Sure - some may say this is not entirely realistic - but there is so much more you could do in the Dawn of Fantasy world - outside of PvP, that we`d rather have you thinking about - the next PvP or PvE battle, fortification upgrade or a quest you`lll do during you next time online, without having to worry about finding your empire in ruin.

There is a famous saying - @#$% happens - not in The Dawn of Fantasy At least now while your enjoying your 8 hours of sleep:P
Thanks for clearing that up Konstantin, that sound a reasonable compromise and it does need to be a compromise becase it can not be all things to all people. Not entirely realistic true but it could never be totally realistic anyway. Muych though I enjoy battles I like the idea of building up the kingdom in other ways as well.