Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

New race. Damn me to hell for stealing it, but it's a damn good one. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2010, 12:06 AM
DoF Moderator

Gwydion has fair reputation
Default New race. Damn me to hell for stealing it, but it's a damn good one.

This link will show you CHAOS HUMANS. The are the really big mean guys in red armor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3pOljQqvX8

Now I'm not one for stealing others people ****.

But HOT DAMN if we had a race like that.

IMO ALL the other races can wait, if we can get a race like that in this game.

Evil medieval humans that looked evil, huge and spiky, backed by the power of dark gods making them twice the seize of regular humans which make them capable of wearing amazing armor and weapons and even capable of summoning demons and demon technology (like cannons that shoot SOULS that LIQUIDATE anything it hits)

Now what do YOU all think about a race like that in this game? no it doesn't have to trump all the other races in getting into the game im just saying in general.

I personally would prob orgasm if they announced something like that with screens of warriors looking like that.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:43 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Aothane has a default reputation

not to mention the infringement bloodlust which would sure follow..

however, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos and Dawn of Fantasy are very similar in gameplay mechanics, I would ambivalently hope that DoF's mechanics closely resemble Mark of Chaos' as it approaches a release date -_-
Old 12-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

You could have written this in your other faction thread. I see no need to create a new one.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 AM

Nathikal has a default reputation

Will toss out that the devs are going for a game with races, rather than alignments. So there isn't 'good' or 'evil' per se.

Now, a faction of tribal humans, like LotR's Dunland people, would be something that fits the criteria. But I don't think that the game will end up, anytime soon, with one race that is aligned in a certain way. Makes it more freeform and adds to replayability.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Its unlikely something like this would be done for many reasons, but one obvious one is plagiarism. Even if it's indirect, everyone will see it. But you've acknowledged that so I think a title of something like "These guys would be awesome if they were a race" is more accurate.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 AM

DirtEaterr has a default reputation

Sadly, but there is already a human race. Mby they can make humans look so cool ,that would be awesome!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 PM

Overlawd has a default reputation
Default It's Ok

It's a good idea, But must it be the Chosen?

My problem is the Chosen are the Space Marines, Which are the Astrates.

The race/idea has been taken a lot. I could see a new race, But maybe something mythical? Dragons is REALLY COOL. But who doesn't like dragons though..

Maybe.......Dwarfs not to be stereotypical or completely new thought up race? If they even decided to add a new one?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:31 PM

Wyzak has a default reputation

Humans, elves, orcs... seems like the good have two races, and the bad only one. I know they all battle each other out... but still. What about some undead, or something else to balance out traditional good vs traditional evil?