Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

When offline - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Dreadnought has a default reputation
Default When offline

Well I read that your Kingdom continues whilst your offline, presumably building and resource gathering, which is cool but will your units continue to travel and scout whilst your away from the world?

I was also wondering about timescales, for instance how long will it take an army or a scout mounted or otherwise to travel large distances, or in real terms how large is the world?

Whilst your off line can your world be attacked so when you come back its in ruins?

Just some general queiries. If theyre dumb and already answered somewhere then please point me in the right direction.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM

bravekilla has a default reputation

im actually curious as well...
Old 01-20-2011, 11:45 AM

Dameeda has a default reputation

Yeah would be interested in this also, sounds quite confusing if you are offline. possibly its like AOE online where your area is active online but is not "active" in the open world.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

edueduedu93 has a default reputation

I think that your city can be only under attack when you are conected if not it will be impossible to mantain a city
Old 01-20-2011, 12:14 PM

SonicMonkey has a default reputation

There isn't really a great way to handle this. If you allow a truely persistent world...then you should be able to be attacked while logged off the game. But if those cases, how effective are your armies / cities at defending themselves? if you don't allow it then it would be simple for people to log off before a battle or something.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

People can choose to log off before an attack but they will have to pay a price to the attacker to make up for it.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMonkey View Post
There isn't really a great way to handle this. If you allow a truely persistent world...then you should be able to be attacked while logged off the game. But if those cases, how effective are your armies / cities at defending themselves? if you don't allow it then it would be simple for people to log off before a battle or something.
Yeh there is a question mark here I guess. Whilst as you say it would not be a persistant world and cities or kingdoms should not just dissappear when your offline, but if they stay then you need some kind of effective defence otherwise you would never dare sleep, or god forbid take a holiday. Then only full time players can do well, but from the other point of view you would not want to keep taking your army to atack another kingdom only to find they are not online time after time and their city mcannot be attacked
Old 01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
People can choose to log off before an attack but they will have to pay a price to the attacker to make up for it.
Do you have this information GPS51 or is this a guess. If its fact it seems one way round the problem, but what if as i posted above you are not about to be attacked but you take a weeks holiday, will you come back to a kingdom in ruins or what exactly?
Old 01-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I'm simply reiterating what has been stated before. That when attacked you have the option to fight, pay the attacker to leave or log off which I "believe" includes paying them but I don't know for sure on the third option. If you leave for a week the peasants will be busy till you fill up your storeroom but not much will happen beyond that. (At least going by current info) I suppose they could add meteor showers later on

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...4318#post34318

Read the FAQs slowly and you'll discover most answers. It may take a couple of readings though. There's a ton of info in there.

Last edited by GPS51 : 01-20-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:04 PM

nailsnchains has a default reputation

For the question about scouts resuming their journey while logged off,

"Q: What does it mean to have a persistent kingdom?
A: Your kingdom will remain virtually as you left it the last time you changed. Your units will still be spaced how you had them, any techs you researched will carry over, and your customized stronghold will be just as you left it, awaiting your command. However - your economy and resource will continue to grow, as will anything you tasked before signing out. Even when a player is offline, their homeland will still be in development with the worker units still gathering resources and finishing constructing any buildings tasked shortly before logging off. Although, the gathering, construction, and training rates are significantly slower than in the fast-paced Skirmish modes."

From the game FAQ