Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Supply lines - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 03:50 PM

Avatarn11 has a default reputation

I think that it would be a good idea but not all supplies more like a debuff to the armys defense or attack skills or something like that. Also you wouldn't be able to take a large force to do it just a small on and make it difficult to do otherwise it will be impossible to attack anyone. I'm sure it would be cool to have a small instance for it and the supply line can be upgraded so the higher the upgrade the harder it is to raid ect. But it would be cool or at least have certain units have buffs in certain terrain.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:46 PM

Zackreaver has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatarn11 View Post
I think that it would be a good idea but not all supplies more like a debuff to the armys defense or attack skills or something like that. Also you wouldn't be able to take a large force to do it just a small on and make it difficult to do otherwise it will be impossible to attack anyone. I'm sure it would be cool to have a small instance for it and the supply line can be upgraded so the higher the upgrade the harder it is to raid ect. But it would be cool or at least have certain units have buffs in certain terrain.
Yes of course, I was meaning to say something like that as well.

Basically attacking armies would bring ammunition for their ranged weapons, tools to assemble their heavy siege weaponry, wagons that contain the armies food supply, and just the soldiers individual tents which drain their morale when they get lost (who likes losing their bed)
Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 AM

Vigilus has good reputation
Default People like the idea? yeah!

Yes this could be a way to lure an opponent onto some unfavorable ground/territory.
as for defending the supply line, small garrisons that would shrug off bandits to maintain the resupply shouldn't eat into your men too much. at the same time, marching an army into enemy territory should put you at an immediate disadvantage. you don't know exactly where they are, so if they surprise your rear cut you off from your supplies you "might" be in trouble.

as for the orcs killing their foes for food...well
that just means that they will be even more feared! love that idea btw.

this would enable more choices for players to fail and succeed at, the more choices you have will increase the diversity and depth of strategy.
thanks for the great replies everyone!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

cybroxis has a default reputation

instead of posting small armies along a supply route, why not have small outposts, not quite villages or cities, for resupply and check-in along supply routes, which could send out raids on any bandits trying to attack a merchant/etc.

crap, sorry vigilus, didn't see your suggestion before I posted. My bad XD
still, i did add a little bit with sending out patrols (said "raids")
Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 AM

SonicMonkey has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybroxis View Post
instead of posting small armies along a supply route, why not have small outposts, not quite villages or cities, for resupply and check-in along supply routes, which could send out raids on any bandits trying to attack a merchant/etc.

crap, sorry vigilus, didn't see your suggestion before I posted. My bad XD
still, i did add a little bit with sending out patrols (said "raids")
I like this idea. Simply have camps / towers or small defensive structures along the route that are responsible for maintaining it's portion of the supply line. Granted it wouldn't stand up against a major assault, but it could defend or hold off attacks against smaller groups.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:56 PM

Overlawd has a default reputation
Default Best! +10 For You!

This is a GREAT idea..It works well with the idea of the game, And as stated add a level of realism..It would also open up VAST strategic options. Like the ones you stated. I also think that if they were to put this in the game, It would require the whole shabang if you will . With pillaging, foraging, theft, and the other ways of food, Not to sure about cannibalism though. But who knows...Either way GREAT IDEA!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:02 PM

bishopgunn has a default reputation

Sounds like a great idea. The only way this would really work as far as i can tell is if offense and defense had equal ability to defend/attack. As suggested for d to be able to build towers and all that.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:35 PM

thanius has a default reputation

Can we share our supply lines with friend or allies. I think it a good idea to share supply lines for beginner to help them grow up.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:07 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

I can definitely dig the idea. Even the possibility of certain regions yielding special resources (this is further on, expansion ideas here) for building or researching certain rarer types of units/spells/armors and being able to set up a vast supply chain to utilize it across a large territory.

Something like a guild pushing deep into enemy territory to capture an npc mine, then set up a post of armies to ferry it back to their Strongholds or something of the like.

--

On the siege idea, smashing supplies on the way to lock someone down would be awesome, but I feel like the enemy army would pound down the gate at this point. I have no idea how often such a stalemate could occur.

On the flip side, it would also be neat to be able to scar some territory in a retreat effort, making the land useless for x amount of hours/days to the person who chased you out of there. Set fire to the fields, make him wait for those resources!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:52 PM

Wyzak has a default reputation

Very good idea, I would imagine that if your supply line got cut that you should have a counter starting to count down on your army. They should have enough rations and be happy enough to survive a period without food, unless they invade a new castle and secure sufficient food. But once this counter starts running low, the army will begin to wain and soldiers will start to die. Eventually resulting in a mutiny, and a neutral army roaming around the map for their own gain. Sort of how Sid Meiers Pirates use to work if you can't find land and run out of food.