Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Vassals - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 03:49 AM

Sirstroud has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrus View Post
I like the idea of vasssalge instead of the usual alliance systems which is in place currently in most of the other mmos on market..

I am not sure about all the current game systems exactly as i have never been into the game yet,but here are my two cents on this...

A.A player can become another's vassal by own will :
( as a supporter , i'll mention mostly the advantages only )
advantages:
1.free movement of workers/researchers between both the parties(subject to max population limits,if any)
2.Market is more favourable,with reduced/no taxes on trades,if any.
3.Vassal gets protection.
4.Lord CAN collect gold, a certain percentage from vassal,as tax.
5.Vassal can pay a lumpsum amount of resources/gold as fee to terminate vassalge,but he looses his ability to ally with other kingdoms for a certain period

B.A player becomes another player's vassal by war upon loosing:
1.Lord gets tax from Vassal.
2.Vassal can pay a lumpsum amount of resources/gold as fee to gain freedom immediately,but he looses his ability to ally with other kingdoms for a certain period.Though, Vassal can choose to ally with his lord,himself.

Note: these are just a couple of points that come to mind while i prepare my desk for work, they are far from perfect i know, but thought like giving a push to this thread and topic.
i like that idea, but shouldn't the vassal have to pay taxes for the protection say, 1000 gold every day/month? so the lord also gains some extra benefits for accepting the Vassal/ and, the vassal may not ally with other nations, unless they are allied to the lord .
Old 12-10-2010, 07:24 AM

jambon99 has a default reputation

I havent played the game yet but I have a few ideas. The first question that im asking myself is how does a player get the chance to rebuild after he was defeated.

One game I player the player had immunity, he could not attack or be attack. This had two advantages,

1- The player had time to rebuild and could actually stand a chance to defeat his conqueror.
2- The player had his freedom and could play free of vassalage.

My feeling is that no one likes to be subordinates, especially in games. You wont stand a chance if you have to pay your conqueror while your his vassal. That would keep him stronger and you weaker.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:53 AM

Emrus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirstroud View Post
i like that idea, but shouldn't the vassal have to pay taxes for the protection say, 1000 gold every day/month? so the lord also gains some extra benefits for accepting the Vassal/ and, the vassal may not ally with other nations, unless they are allied to the lord .
yeah you are right in that point. I bring your attention to point A.4) where I have mentioned that "the lord CAN collect tax from the vassal".I specifically mentioned that "CAN" because, if you and your friends were playing together (as an example)and you decide to be your friend's vassal,your lord friend can decide to forego tax to support your development. He still enjoys the other benefits mentioned in the other points above though. so in a way, you both benefit. so, this was the concept i had in mind while i wrote that sentence

basically the point is,I would not offer free protection to anyone/ to even my vassal unless the other person knows me in real life/is friend, or may be a gf.

So compensation in the form of gold becomes obvious.

Quote:
I havent played the game yet but I have a few ideas. The first question that im asking myself is how does a player get the chance to rebuild after he was defeated.
Point B.2) has your answer:
B.A player becomes another player's vassal by war upon loosing:
2.Vassal can pay a lumpsum amount of resources/gold as fee to gain freedom immediately,but he looses his ability to ally with other kingdoms for a certain period.Though, Vassal can choose to ally with his lord,himself. May be, the game forces the lord to remain allied with his vassal if the vassal so choses,to offer that extra protection,until canceled by vassal himself. Lord still enjoys the benefits of being a Lord..like ability to collect gold as tax etc..

This way, you can prolly develop your kingdom to a point where you no longer have to depend on your lord for your needs. and by that time you would probably have finished the lock-in period of allying with other kingdoms,just in case you wish for more power!

Comments welcomed!

Last edited by Emrus : 12-10-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

I like the idea of vassalage, how about this. The vassal might have to fight with his lord, however the lord may send forces to his vassal if they are attacked. This way the vassalage may lead you into a war you might not welcome at the cost of your troops. However, if you have a kind lord he may help you in your battles.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

i have an idea if you want to become a vassel
if you become an vessel of a big city like thorndall and than you are part of that kindom
you probaly will have to pay an percantage of your income but you will be safer in that piont because the city and other vassels can help you if you are in big trouble
Old 12-11-2010, 12:20 PM

Vimous has a default reputation

An interesting concept would be that in an alliance. There is the king (which roates over several weeks or whomever has contributed most to alliance) That king gets extra powers abilities extra in combat. And everyone else part of that alliance is the vassals.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

i already posted it at alliance
Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 AM

Talfryn has a default reputation

A system of Vassals would be really nice if they worked in a cultural pride aspect, IE, no self respecting community of Elves will let their sacred groves fall to orcs, ect.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:39 AM

Commander has fair reputation

Quote:
1.free movement of workers/researchers between both the parties(subject to max population limits,if any)
2.Market is more favourable,with reduced/no taxes on trades,if any.
3.Vassal gets protection.
4.Lord CAN collect gold, a certain percentage from vassal,as tax.
5.Vassal can pay a lumpsum amount of resources/gold as fee to terminate vassalge,but he looses his ability to ally with other kingdoms for a certain period.
It's a good idea and some browser games have such system , where you can become a vassal and after that you got protection and support in resources . You may sent your soldiers to your lord , if you want . And if you don't , you may not to do that . But he can demand only 10 percents of your income , not much . For your loyality , you may be released from payment . And he can demand payment only from high lvl , not from low lvl , whom he has conquered or who wanna join .
Old 01-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Cathorian has a default reputation

vassals seems like a good idea because it could be like a guild system, and i think the casual players might like it more cause it can offer protection and support against the super gamers who play the game a lot and become really strong. So if you could voluntarily become a vassal for support then it'd be like a guild, or if you were beaten and forced into some sort of time limited vassal arrangement it'd be a bonus for the victor