Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

early warning/lookouts - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

-Sigma- has a default reputation

I would love to anticipate my enemies as they come to attack my Stronghold.

For example in a forest environment have everyone waiting in a ambush formation waiting for crush the army as it approaches my homeland.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:09 PM

Radman has a default reputation

Having a warning system would be good but if you had say a scout who saw an approaching enemy which immediately notified you and then u could get your army ready to ambush would be too much of an advantage i think it would be better to like have to have the scout auto run once sighting an enemy to the nearest base at which time it will then pop up you have an approaching enemy its more realistic and reduces the advantages of a warning system making it more balanced especially as by the time the scout arrives at the base the enemy will have changed position making it harder to ambush them.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:46 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Vind has a default reputation

Lets say scouts have some kind of stealth skill the higher the skill the harder for enemy scouts to detect it.
Lets say i wanna attack some city i send my scouts ahead to take care of enemy scouts so they don't receive a warning on time. Then i attack with main force.
Also having a elven mage in scout team could mean you can send message immediately when spotting an enemy force instead of having your scouts ride back.
There is plenty of options available.
IMO it is interesting if you have a counter option for any decision being made.

The idea with the tower is also cool unless enemy sends scouts/assassins to it which you don't detect and wipes your force. Enemy towers are visible from long range.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 PM

rtejada has a default reputation

is there like an invulnerability timer when you first log in? how long before someone can attack you? would be nice to get early warning.. would also be nice if someone can surprise attack someone while they are trying to sim city lol.