Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A few ideas..... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation
Default A few ideas.....

First of all, I recently joined the forums, read about this game on some gaming website which I can't remember right now, and it got me hooked up.
A few thing I've noticed (although I haven't read the whole suggestions....yet) is that apparently there is no concern for some sort of raw metal resource, I mean, gold food stone and wood is okay, but unless all weapons are made of gold and stone, or conjured by magical means, there should be some kind of mining system. Another thing that came up is, that I've seen no mention of a profession system kind of like in Hinterland, if your units can levelup and they're all kind of unique, shouldn't they give something in return to society? During war, everyone joins in battle, but outside of it? Archers should be hunters, or trackers, there should be armorsmiths, blacksmiths, and etc etc
I know it would add a big layer of micromanagement, but it would also add a layer of depth rarely seen in rts games. Maybe I'm just asking for something that's not plausible , but maybe someone out there agrees with me.
Another thing that I think could help, would be a military academy, let's say you have veteran units, and you have rookies. The vets know a thing or two, so they should be able to teach the new units, and that way they could acquire new skills and such.
Suggestions? I'm open for them
Old 09-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

For first part of your post, here is magic =), so blame it for that.
For second part. In this game you will always be in war so that (farmer in peace and soldier in war) is not needed =P. Beside that i like your idea.
There will be also training grounds (to lvl troops outside of battle) so that covers your suggestion of veterans teaching newcomers.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

For the metal, makes sense. Especially if they add dwarves (which I'm waiting for).

That profession system is interesting, but this game is like a mixture of total war and age of empires. For now that would be to much to add for the company, but I do like the Idea.

for the last Idea, kire said everything.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 10-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation

Well, in any case, you can always try to add what you want if the game is moddable enough
Old 10-02-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpiccoro View Post
Well, in any case, you can always try to add what you want if the game is moddable enough
That's a definite. I will be doing that myself when the game comes out.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 12-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Valhalla has a default reputation

It's hard to mod a MMO game they're alot of failed attempts check out mmo mod on MODDB.com see how many never made it
Old 12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Marcos182 has a default reputation

i like the idea of iron mines and wood cutters or whatever
Old 12-05-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
It's hard to mod a MMO game they're alot of failed attempts check out mmo mod on MODDB.com see how many never made it
Your right it is. But this also has a singleplayer and also there is an editor that is going to be released with the game. When there is an editor you can make maps for people to play offline with.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:19 AM

oddi74 has a default reputation

i also like the idea.
then i would see an army of hunters
Old 01-19-2011, 01:18 PM

LoLzLobster has a default reputation
Default traps!

I'd like to see traps in the game. In the stronghold games you could put pitch on the field in front of your castle walls and set it on fire with flaming arrows to kill your attackers. There were also things like rolling logs over the castle walls to kill the guys climbing ladders and people below.

I think that having traps would add an interesting tactical element, and each race could have some race only traps. They could be used to further differentiate the different races and how they fight.