Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
FDR said that, not you...
This means...Sparrow's a great man!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM

Arctopus has a default reputation

How one can react quick in a battle, I think it's hard on a xbox to control your group of mages and a group of demolishers within 3 seconds.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

the xbox version will probably be a little slower paced to make up for that
Old 11-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Toth has a default reputation

I fear having a seperate Xbox360 and PC version will split up the community which makes it harder to keep the game alive if things don't go aswell as you'd want.

Perfect case would be if xbox and PC would play on the same MMORTS server(s)
Old 12-04-2010, 01:46 PM

Sturn has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toth View Post
I fear having a seperate Xbox360 and PC version will split up the community which makes it harder to keep the game alive if things don't go aswell as you'd want.

Perfect case would be if xbox and PC would play on the same MMORTS server(s)
Legitimate fear. I don't see them being combined though especially when the controls are much different. For example, a PC player might be able to more quickly give commands then an XBOX player.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:51 PM

rtejada has a default reputation

i definitely find the xbox controls way to cumbersome. As in any RTS game.. the person with faster response (i.e. computer) will have a HUGE advantage.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:56 PM

SleepS has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturn View Post
Legitimate fear. I don't see them being combined though especially when the controls are much different. For example, a PC player might be able to more quickly give commands then an XBOX player.
It was tried before (although I forget precisely where) and it was found that PC gamers would constantly wipe the floor with console gamers thanks to the superior interface.

Actually, I don't know if any of you have played Tom Clancy's Endwar or R.U.S.E. on a console, but they actually ended up being quite fluid for a console RTS. Of course they had a very streamlined interface (Endwar had voice recognition that actually worked, whereas RUSE has every building and unit construction order mapped to a button), but it worked quite well with the limited real estate available on a 360 controller.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:40 PM

Sturn has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepS View Post
IActually, I don't know if any of you have played Tom Clancy's Endwar or R.U.S.E. on a console....
I commented elsewhere that Endwar had a nice interface including voice commands that worked well. With my XBOX Kinect mic I would love to be able to sit on my couch yelling out commands to my fantasy army without a headset or having to put down my bag of Doritos to pick up a controller.

Endwar and Halo Wars both had very easy to use control pad methods for RTS's. I'm assuming that Dawn of Fantasy will use a similar spin-wheel method of selecting commands. Halo Wars also allowed you to "paint" quickly to select multiple units similar to the click-and-drag boxes of a PC. Actually in some ways better - you could paint over units skipping past those you didn't want that would normally be selected in a PC box.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:13 PM

zudalu has a default reputation
Default i dont see how this could be played from a xbox

to little control
Old 12-04-2010, 09:27 PM

SleepS has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudalu View Post
to little control
Have you played an RTS on a console? It can work, especially if the RTS is slower-paced and gives you time to get things in order. Like I'm quite sure that you could play a Total War game quite easily from a console because of how you can take your time and pause the game during battle to issue orders and such. So it really does depend on the game and its pacing.
That being said, I haven't played DoF yet so I can't say how this knowledge applies to the game.

One example that comes to mind would be Pikmin - you can go through the game entirely at your own pace, the only time limit being the number of missions you could go on (30 days/missions). Although that's more of a beginner's RTS and has only a few of the mechanics present in most strategy games, so don't quote me on that.