Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Halo reach - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

teejai has a default reputation

Bungie did a very good job putting it together and a very well done send off also as its their last Halo that they'll be doing (I believe Activision is taking it over now.. which is owned by Blizzard.. maybe a Halo MMO? LOL) Anyways, the game is a huge improvement on 3 (not even going to bring up ODST though). Love it and will be playing it for a long while.. hopefully the same goes with DoF
Old 09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Activision owns Blizzard, not the other way around. Though some might try and tell you it's a partnership, it's not lol. Blizzard retains some autonomy, but still technically under Activision now.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-17-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
Activision owns Blizzard, not the other way around. Though some might try and tell you it's a partnership, it's not lol. Blizzard retains some autonomy, but still technically under Activision now.
Well, Activision merged with a company called Vivendi games (who owned Blizzard). When they merged they called it Activision-Blizzard. But I believe that Vivendi games parent company(Vivendi) owns them and allows them to operate to an extant, as their own companies( which you will be surprised how many companies do this).

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 09-17-2010, 06:32 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Well, Activision merged with a company called Vivendi games (who owned Blizzard). When they merged they called it Activision-Blizzard. But I believe that Vivendi games parent company(Vivendi) owns them and allows them to operate to an extant, as their own companies( which you will be surprised how many companies do this).
I mentioned autonomy. And I assure you Activision will retain the final say in whatever they want, however they may have learned their lesson about deciding things for their developers by now and let Blizzard work on their own for the most part. However when you look at things like the Facebook integration in SC2 before chat channels you have to start seriously questioning if that was a developer or publisher decision. I can't picture the developers being that detached from their fans.

More on topic, a Halo MMO while possible, I'd have no interest in it. Blizzard has never done an FPS and halo as anything but an FPS would look and feel like an abomination. Case in point; Halo Wars.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-17-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Ahh I see, I got my facts mixed up. The merger thing had me slightly confused as it seemed like it was more of a Blizzard Parent company 'grabbing' Activision (which I thought was close to going bankrupt at one time).

As for the Halo MMO, I don't think it will be to successful, or atleast not as 'big' as people would hope. Shooter MMO's don't seem to be doing that well (with perhaps Global Agenda being an acception). I had tested/played APB and while it had some promise on release time it was still only in a 'beta phase' and well.. they folded the project so its no longer around anymore. Aspects of it were amazing, while the bugs and some other issues killed it.. even EA said it was doomed lol..

Well off to play some more Reach
Old 09-18-2010, 11:28 PM

Activision is only rivaled in size by EA from my understanding. As for Activision doing poorly, they own call of duty. That alone could probably float the rest of their company. Well, until the recent exodus of the studio behind CoD anyway.

Planetside beats global agenda by.. miles is putting it lightly. Or it did during it's prime anyway, game is a shadow of it's former self these days sadly.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-18-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:57 PM

You are forgeting about Ubisoft which is just as big as Activision-Blizzard (size and profit). Hopefully Activisions mess up with that company will make respawn entertainment a better company.

Well APB is not necessarily dead, there are potentially buyers.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 09-19-2010, 03:28 AM

Ubisoft's revenue for q1 2010 were from what I can see was 200~ mil with activision depending on non GAAP and GAAP respectively, 1.3 bil or 700~ mil. EA for comparison was at 650~ mil GAAP and 800~ mil non GAAP. I can't find if that 200 for ubisoft was GAAP or not.

Ubisoft is a great company, and they're definitely not small, but they're at best a third of EA and Activision.

If you consider zombification by SoE alive then yes, APB might live, lol. I mean anything's possible, but I wouldn't expect too much. I didn't care for APB at all, I didn't like it or the GTA games for that matter. But their project was ambitious and an impressive scale, it's sad to see the game ultimately fail now. What they were trying to accomplish was a lofty goal, even with their budget.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Well I started something I know alittle about but you guys seem to know a lot about so its interesting hearing (reading) all this. In regards to APB, it seems that they were just bound to fail.. while the game was ambitious it lacked any story or depth besides the customization and 'go kill someone' routine. Also many bugs and hacking issues plagued it from before it even started.. I think APB will R.I.P. but something will come along and rebuild upon what it did and just do it better..

As for Planetside.. I don't like that game so it doesn' count hahaha
Old 09-19-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejai View Post
Well I started something I know alittle about but you guys seem to know a lot about so its interesting hearing (reading) all this. In regards to APB, it seems that they were just bound to fail.. while the game was ambitious it lacked any story or depth besides the customization and 'go kill someone' routine. Also many bugs and hacking issues plagued it from before it even started.. I think APB will R.I.P. but something will come along and rebuild upon what it did and just do it better..

As for Planetside.. I don't like that game so it doesn' count hahaha
Josh knows more then me. I've never played APB myself. That's all I hear is mostly negative things about it. But Epic games is one of the potential buyers. If a more successful game company buys it, that could be good news for the game.

Ok I don't want to keep this thread from the halo people, so I wont post anymore in here.

Sorry halo people.