Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXXVIII - Final Human NPC Towns - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

teejai has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
First off, we've always been against monthly fees. You can buy the game and play online for ten years without paying a penny more.

Therefore, most DLC will have a small price, but everything will be very affordable. Nothing's set in stone, but a quest pack with a dozen new quests and some new environments will probably cost around $5 USD with full expansions, which will introduce a new playable race, costing between $10-15 USD. You can also choose to purchase DLC with in-game Influence points gained from PvP battles, quest rewards, skirmishes, etc. Influence will take a while to build up, but we want everyone to be able to play the full version irregardless of their financial situation.
I do appreciate the quick reply and I'm glad you cleared that up for me (once again I imagine thats been answered a hundred times but thank you for taking the time to answer it... again ). I'm definitely amazed at what you guys have accomplished and truly cannot wait to give the game a whirl (Its hard to find a good game that requires thinking but allows for creativity and isn't hard on the eyes.. I could go somewhere else with that but I'll leave it at that )
Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Wolfb has a default reputation

Nice Fantasy Friday, I like Westerdale the most.
I can't wait for the game to be released!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

All the minor human towns seem to look better than any other city I've seen so far! Especially the minor port towns, they just look wonderful! I can't wait to visit them with my human hero and burn them with my elven army.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 08-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Tamiel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
DLC (downloadable content) will be a huge part of Dawn of Fantasy with new quest packs, units, towns, homelands, and even races.
Does that mean if you have to buy the races you have to buy it before you can play online on mmorts?
Old 08-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well you buy DoF and get the 3 starter races and the mmorts features. Then you can purchase more DLC as it becomes available.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Thanks Doug. We make a good team, I think. Or at least I make you work for your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
Does that mean if you have to buy the races you have to buy it before you can play online on mmorts?
You can still play online, you just can't play as that race.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

teejai has a default reputation

Oh and also I like Welgath the most, though they all look spectacular. Is it friday again yet?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Liked the ff .

Hmm do we have to buy each race separetly? (Though I could understand dwarves/dragons eventually)

Also, isnt not-asking for a monthly fee but instead asking for expansions (& even (honour-)advantages) pretty much the same thing
Old 08-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Also, isnt not-asking for a monthly fee but instead asking for expansions (& even (honour-)advantages) pretty much the same thing
Not at all. We're allowing players to play as much as they like for free (after purchasing the retail copy) and then pick and choose what updates, if any, they would like. Other MMOs, such as World of Warcraft, charge a hefty monthly fee AND $30 for each expansion. So we totally cut the majority of the payment and have a greatly reduced cost for expansions - which probably have a lot more content since they include a whole new playable race!

I would also like to point out that we are not just cutting finished content from the initial release to make more money like many recent games have been accused of doing. With the exception of some concept work, all the work on the DLC packs will not be started until Dawn of Fantasy is complete - the gold meter. So we're not going to bombard you with more offers as soon as you buy the game. The new races, for example, won't be released until several months after the game.

Quote:
Hmm do we have to buy each race separetly?
We might bundle them eventually at a reduced price, but at least initially, they will be released and priced individually.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 08-10-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
Hmm do we have to buy each race separetly? (Though I could understand dwarves/dragons eventually)
The races of Humans, Elves and Orcs will all be included with the initial release.

Although details haven't been finalised, Dwarves and Dragons are likely to be released as separate expansions that would include new units, quests and towns for each race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
Not exactly. With no monthly fee, people who buy the initial release can play for years without having to pay for any else (unless they want the expansions). Whereas if you charge a monthly fee, only those who can afford to spend the extra payments can play.

Let's look at an example, a guy buys the game and pays a monthly fee but then money is a bit tight because he has some unexpected bills to pay so he can't afford the monthly fee, then the guy wouldn't be able to play the game. However, if the guy buys the game and there is no monthly fee just expansions that can be bought, then when money is a bit tight the guy can still play the game, he just won't be able to get latest units/quests/etc.

Edit: Alex beat me to it I take way too long with my answers

Last edited by Brian Shingles : 08-10-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Alex beat me to it