Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
Maybe one day...

And I didn't know elite members could overwrite their title, I do like yours though.
Apparently they can, its just in their CP. Like normal sects, they can choose to display whatever title they posess. Elite member counts as the same as a sect.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Thanks Alex I had the title before I decided to display it I didnt realise the new rank straight away, then I did and wondered why until I saw the thread about them
And yes, I still am an elite member, however I prefer the title 'HordeMaster' dont you? The orcs have my full support

Alex, that was an interesting post And I agree, they really look to be making a browser game, at best I think it may match Travian and such games... And I avoid such games.
However, imagine if Reverie DID have the millions for all the cgi cutscenes... We all know just how great cutscenes are these days, my favourite RTS scene is the startup for Warhammer40k: Dawn of War.... I just love it
Got Smilies?

Travian is probably the best browser game at the moment, it may surpass it, not sure. I don't much care for that type of game myself, browser games are just so limited, it might as well be a text based game, what little animation and direct control they might have.. it's all very superfluous, not meaningful.

As for games I'm interested in, the reboot of my beloved Mech Warrior will hopefully bring BattleTech back to where it belongs. As far as games go, no universe is as interesting or embedded into my childhood as BattleTech was. The only BattleTech games I haven't played are the ones specifically developed for simulators, all the PC/console games as well as tabletop I have played. I have high hopes for the new Mech Warrior, very high hopes.

The potential Fallout MMO is another, but with no real information yet and the whole lawsuit thing who knows...

And lastly, the Warhammer 40,000 MMO. Again, very little information, but a universe I very much enjoy both the RTSes and the Tabletop games.

There are a myriad of games that I am interested in other than these, but these are the ones I actually follow and regularly check up on. D3 and Sc2, Civ 5 etc to name a few are others I might take a look at.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

The Force Unleashed 2, Aragorn's Quest, and (laugh if you will) Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 08-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

If you like travian ish games + the old stronghold castles you should try Stronghold Kingdoms (still in alpha, soon beta) its pretty neat. Basically improved travian/evony but with da castles (and other additions that make it worthwhile)

^Witch, i liked the force unleashed but thought it was very short :P, and yea the lego-series have a surprising amount of depth, lol =D
Old 08-08-2010, 08:03 AM

Vimes has fair reputation

Suprising how few eyes are on MMORTS and most seem RTS fans. All and good but its telling. Im already butting heads with them on other forums so I wont start here

Im playing Stronghold Kingdoms alpha atm, and whilst not my normal fare ( I prefer uncluttered twitch combat or RTS gameplay) its got suprisingly deep strategic play. It is in alpha and I am sure the graphics will get tarted up much better. Its possibly more like tower defense games than RTS, you make choices and the AI battles it out. The depth of the politics and strategic choices are good though and the only 'magic' is the religious card (which is fair enough - the politics of religion worked miracles all the time with folks just dissappearing all over). Finance wise - id say they probably have the best in-game card system I have seen and this leads me to say that this game isnt like Travian - it will redefine what folk expect from this type of game and similar browser strategy/4x like games.

Another game I am playing in alpha atm is Picaroon, a naval MMORTS by Nice Tech, the indie devs of Time of Defiance. Shaping up nicely(sic) but puzzling to me - the sudden flurry of historical naval games coming. This is a few years after Pirates of the Carribean and its strange that this year they all arrived. I much prefer SciFi tbh lol.

End of Nations looks good also but the alpha hasnt started outside of the studio. Cologne festie will provide the first gameplay experience for the public at the end of August. I would pitch thi sgame as son and heir of Shattered Galaxy - scaled up and sexier. Again, the RTS crowd are a *****ing they arent being pandered too enough but whats new there?

Online play with any level of persistence takes RTS players and strings out what they are used to playing like over a much longer period. Many burn out as small instanced RTS is what they like and have planned for. RTS like Starcraft are RTT really as the resources on the map are known and quantified easily by the player base. Essentially little difference with having it in the bag already. Not knowing IF you will have any resources next month or six months down the line, and making choices considering this, is the level of strategy I get the most from. I know DoF has its instanced gameplay, what will be interesting is the reaction of the community to the long term achievements they gain and aspire too.

bleh - better shut up now lol. I wont 'do' starcraft 2 as its not significantly different from SC:BW, especially give the decade in between. Battlenet WILL be better than its predessesor but who cares - SC2 and WoW....oooo the choices. Diablo 3 will eventually come but i was no fan of action/rpg/rts back then.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

EmpressHebihime has a default reputation

Fable 3 uuhh somewhat WoW Cataclysm (not really sure yet) and the top of my list. Guild Wars 2.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
Got Smilies?
Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressHebihime View Post
Fable 3 uuhh somewhat WoW Cataclysm (not really sure yet) and the top of my list. Guild Wars 2.
Fable 3, I'm not expecting much from. I played Fable 2, and while I enjoyed the game the first time or two, it was just TOO easy, and far too linear and short. The game was a bit of a disappointment really, especially after how hyped up it was.

Guild Wars 2 looks good, but I am NOT happy that they wont be including a monk... They want to 'encourage self-heal' You cant remove a healer class, that is an important part of any game, any tactic. Some people like the responsibility and love of being the dedicated healer.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

But there are too few of them (healers) I wouldnt wanna do it..
Old 08-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
But there are too few of them (healers) I wouldnt wanna do it..
thats you but i like being a healer
Old 08-14-2010, 05:19 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

EmpressHebihime has a default reputation

I don't think they're excluding them. I think they're just making everyone able to heal so that it won't be too much LF healer all the time. And by making it like that they make it soloable and easier to survive on your own.