Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

question - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
DONT PUT THE BATTLIONS IN STRAIGHT ROWS I HATE THAT make em look like they were ready for war
Good point. There are so many other formations for groups - V formations, X formation, Loose formation e.t.c And Ok, I can see Swordsmen in line formation, but thinking about Orcs or Goblins, I see more of a random mob.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

maybe you can evan create formation groups for each faction
Old 06-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

I've never had you issue before Darvin so I really don't have any comment to make on that. As for the battalions, I never really hated the straight line thing. My favorite was the skirmish formation for Rangers and the wedge formation for horses. The wedge was really cool I thought when charging because the banner guy was in front giving things a kind of "movie" feeling. That would be especially cool with heros like Theoden.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 06-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Good point. There are so many other formations for groups - V formations, X formation, Loose formation e.t.c And Ok, I can see Swordsmen in line formation, but thinking about Orcs or Goblins, I see more of a random mob.
I always think about like a huge army of orcs or goblins as a huge swarm of ants, just comming in all over the place.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
I always think about like a huge army of orcs or goblins as a huge swarm of ants, just comming in all over the place.

when were ants made???
Old 06-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARROW94 View Post
when were ants made???
Lol funny. I meant what they looked like. Look on the ground where there is like 100 ants and see how they are all spread out. That's what I meant.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:53 PM

last time i looked at them they bit me so yeah i stay inside everyday I HATE THE OUTDOORS
Old 07-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARROW94 View Post
last time i looked at them they bit me so yeah i stay inside everyday I HATE THE OUTDOORS
The light, it burns!

Old 07-01-2007, 08:40 PM

hells yeah it burns
Old 07-06-2007, 08:15 PM

Irish_PXzyan has a default reputation

Id be happy if they do not have bonuses for formations...if you take a look at Rise and Fall...if you had men in formations..they would get armor and weapon bonuses..each formation can get a max of 64 units...and the more men in that formation the higher the bonus levels were..it was terrible!

If formations are going to be used in this game id like to see something like this:

-LINE FORMATION-
Available to swordsmen onlyA group of 20 or more men in a line formation will rise there shields and take less damage from ranged weapons but walk slower and are open to cavalry attacks.

-SQUARE FORMATION-
Available to pikemen only A group of 20 or more men in a square are deadly attack cavalry attacks but are easy pickings against archers.

-WEDGE FORMATION-
Available to cavalry only A group of 10 or more cavalry units can form this formation and can crush certain formation types by trampleing them but if charged against a spearwall formation they would be crushed!

If formations are going to be included in this game...please dont make them pointless and only there to look fancy...make them have realistic effects.