Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXXI - Unique Battalion Formations Part II - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
They tend to be very important, I think even people who don't normally use the usually have 1 or two more important ones that they do use in moderation.
I know, but I just never use them. I should start, maybe with this game I will.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Wow looks like some really nice combos. Looks like the elves will need to be very careful when to implement there formations. The calvery is also great, especially if you put on the charging formation. Although one question is do the calvery get tied up like in TTW where they randomly stop charging and stand there while there mates carry on charging past them? And how much damage does it do with the defence agasint calvery infantry formation, agiasnt a buffed charge? As if it dosent really make a diffrence then it will make things abit unblanced i fear? (although i could be wrong).
Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Reverie World Studios - Intern PR Representative

Michael Mullens has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Wow looks like some really nice combos. Looks like the elves will need to be very careful when to implement there formations. The calvery is also great, especially if you put on the charging formation. Although one question is do the calvery get tied up like in TTW where they randomly stop charging and stand there while there mates carry on charging past them? And how much damage does it do with the defence agasint calvery infantry formation, agiasnt a buffed charge? As if it dosent really make a diffrence then it will make things abit unblanced i fear? (although i could be wrong).
It could always be unbalanced due to how many various combinations meet on the combat field. You would need to also review the threads discussing the units and see that Unit A is strong against Unit B but weak against Unit C. So throw* that into conjunction with Unit C uses 80% damage stance on Unit A and you have a wipe out but if B tried it on A he might still lose. Theres so many possibilities, I presume it comes down to how the player builds his army in comparison to his opponent.

Last edited by Michael Mullens : 06-21-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yeah and I think that one fact lost upon most people (not necessarily here) is that rts game such as this require thinking and the ability to think on the fly when adjusting strategies or formations as opposed to the fire and forget kind of rts games. I love thinking rts games.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 PM

Durken has a default reputation
Default Combat goodness

This means combat will be very different each time.