Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Natural Disasters - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

I think they'd be good if they were a short term disaster but gave a long term benefit, like increased stone mine production from volcanoes. Increased crop yields from hurricanes. (after the initial damage of course).

Old 06-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Miclee will become famous soon enough

Yeah, there are tons of different ways that they could be done, sometimes beneficial.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
I think they'd be good if they were a short term disaster but gave a long term benefit, like increased stone mine production from volcanoes. Increased crop yields from hurricanes. (after the initial damage of course).
Is this really worth the time and effort? I'm quite happy with the seasons and their advantages & disadvantages, they're dynamic enough for me.
Although we haven't heard much about magic, so earthquakes and hurricanes (albeit to a lesser extent) may be endemic to those spell schools. That might be overpowered, but you'd win or lose in style!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Having mages use them defensively would be cool. They could just pull it out of nowhere and change the whole course of battle in a few seconds.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miclee View Post
Having mages use them defensively would be cool. They could just pull it out of nowhere and change the whole course of battle in a few seconds.
That just reminds me of fracture.....where you could change the landscape when your in battle to help you out
Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Fracture had a really good concept and was well made. LucasArts just didn't push the game enough and not many people bought it. But, yeah, the land deformation in it was a lot of fun.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miclee View Post
Fracture had a really good concept and was well made. LucasArts just didn't push the game enough and not many people bought it. But, yeah, the land deformation in it was a lot of fun.
well i cant really say much on that because i never played it....if i ever did play though i would of jus raised the ground to a high point and just kill off everyone
Old 06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

There was a limit to how high you could make it, and if you made it high enough and fell off, then you would be injured. An upside and downside to everything.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Maybe there would be powerful mage/demon... who would cast random disasters (also zombie revival =P) at some stages so you will have to kill it via epic quest or bribe him via goods/sacrifices for him to stop?=)
Anyway i wouldnt mind if they would make rain to give + food gathering and too much rain to - food gathering or some flooding and that sort small stuff with combination of already existing seasons. Or some storm lightning if too long no rain to cause fire (but rarely). Maybe some stronger wind to make your ship slower or - on archer accuracy.
But at the end i would just like visual effect of some of those things without real effect on gameplay (other than maybe visual) tho it is possible they would become anoying =P.
It would be epic visual of storm on sea with huge waves, lightnings, rain ..... =).

What if there was region to choose which give you massive bonuses with farming but has a chance to erupt and damaging your town in on its way so you have to repair it more often than usual person would?. Or regions by sea which gives you also another x massive bonus but has a chance to be flooded or damaged by stronger winds? Or region in desert/plain that also gives x massive bonus but has a chance to be damaged by to little water->to little food or strong winds/sandstorm? So there were 3 risky regions one per faction.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 06-18-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
Maybe there would be powerful mage/demon... who would cast random disasters (also zombie revival =P) at some stages so you will have to kill it via epic quest or bribe him via goods/sacrifices for him to stop?=)
Anyway i wouldnt mind if they would make rain to give + food gathering and too much rain to - food gathering or some flooding and that sort small stuff with combination of already existing seasons. Or some storm lightning if too long no rain to cause fire (but rarely). Maybe some stronger wind to make your ship slower or - on archer accuracy.
But at the end i would just like visual effect of some of those things without real effect on gameplay (other than maybe visual) tho it is possible they would become anoying =P.
It would be epic visual of storm on sea with huge waves, lightnings, rain ..... =).
the huge waves would be sooo sick when your travlling with your ships and then krakens come out and start attacking . It would also be cool if there was some kind of bandits or something and they have lots of gold on them depending on how many there is.