Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXX - Elven Realm of Nhob' Ru - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you plan to build your first Elven settlement?
Bolfores'l 9 11.54%
Erthee L'Bala 13 16.67%
Taltos 36 46.15%
Why would I ever play Elves? 20 25.64%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Why doesn't Taltos have any stone mines if it is an alpine region? Seems a little odd.
Most likely since elves donīt use that much stone for their buildings except walls maybe. Plus you have the alchemy lab so even if there isnīt much stone in the vicinity, you can easily create more in exchange for another resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
Noob ru, how very elven, I approve . Of course I would never subject myself to such an inferior race.
Never noticed that, but sooo true.
Who needs elves when you can be ORCS!!!

Last edited by Yami-Yagari : 06-14-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

wou129 is someone to look uptowou129 is someone to look upto

nice this is what ive been waiting fore
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Toth has a default reputation

Most people picked Taltos because quite frankly, they seem to have the best bonuses.

They only have a penalty in deer hunting and considering it doesn't say "food gathering" I bet there's a secondary way to get food (farms, gathering).

On the otherside their best units cost 25% less resources, the "trickling?" rate of resources is way higher, good defendably territory with chokepoints, etc. etc.

I realise that this is merely a preview and there's no way we could know what the eventual bonuses would be but based on this information I'm pretty sure Taltos is going to be overpopulated compared to the other regions.

I've given this matter a bit of though about how to handle this at launch. There's 2 ways reverie could handle the matter of territory picking at launch.

1: open, like they showed us here in this FF. Before you pick you get to see exactly what the bonuses and penalties are in that particular are.

2: general, instead of saying Taltor had 25% cheaper military, 25% cheapers alchemists and 25% decreased deer hunting they'd say "Taltor is a border land, troops are easy to come by. The elves of Taltor have mastered the art of Alcemy. Due to the industrious nature of the inhabitants of Taltor deer populations have dwindled." or offcourse woven into a nice little story.

Personally I'm in doubt between the two, the power-gamer in me would vote for 1, anything to get an advantage over other players. Also more players means less space means more war. The concerned gamer would vote for 2 because it would spread the population more evenly among the regions and probably less balance issues.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toth View Post
Most people picked Taltos because quite frankly, they seem to have the best bonuses.

They only have a penalty in deer hunting and considering it doesn't say "food gathering" I bet there's a secondary way to get food (farms, gathering).

On the otherside their best units cost 25% less resources, the "trickling?" rate of resources is way higher, good defendably territory with chokepoints, etc. etc.

I realise that this is merely a preview and there's no way we could know what the eventual bonuses would be but based on this information I'm pretty sure Taltos is going to be overpopulated compared to the other regions.

I've given this matter a bit of though about how to handle this at launch. There's 2 ways reverie could handle the matter of territory picking at launch.

1: open, like they showed us here in this FF. Before you pick you get to see exactly what the bonuses and penalties are in that particular are.

2: general, instead of saying Taltor had 25% cheaper military, 25% cheapers alchemists and 25% decreased deer hunting they'd say "Taltor is a border land, troops are easy to come by. The elves of Taltor have mastered the art of Alcemy. Due to the industrious nature of the inhabitants of Taltor deer populations have dwindled." or offcourse woven into a nice little story.

Personally I'm in doubt between the two, the power-gamer in me would vote for 1, anything to get an advantage over other players. Also more players means less space means more war. The concerned gamer would vote for 2 because it would spread the population more evenly among the regions and probably less balance issues.
I feel the same way i would choose they place that is less populated. But if i did choose to overpopulated area i would then start alliances with the most developed and knowledged players
Old 06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toth View Post

Good point. I myself chose taltos, but if its going to be over populated, I might have to choose Bolfores'l.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

if i were to choose one i would of choosen the second jus cuz i like the way the environment looks.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Miclee will become famous soon enough

Not that I'm going to ever play an elf, the attention to detail you guys are putting into these areas astounds me.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miclee View Post
Not that I'm going to ever play an elf, the attention to detail you guys are putting into these areas astounds me.
haha. I agree, m y second choice for a race if i ever get bored of orcs would be the men
Old 06-18-2010, 01:27 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto
Talking

I'm sorry but the elves will kick your butts xD
Old 06-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Great job. Hmm be intresting to see how the balancing comes out. One way would be if you could do a custom battle and pitch elvs from diffrent areas into a battle. With more or less the same units. Give you a pretty nice bench mark ont he ADV and DIs although taltros does seem pretty awsome as the 25% increase in rmour is a large proportion when elvs already have good armour.