Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Xbox Live - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 AM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

Yargh due to my agressive nature i demand a 48 hour trail D:< ! i want to play some cod4 :'(
Old 07-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

fallout 3 is a sweet game, i played that game for like 20 hours straight when it first came out
Old 04-18-2010, 01:49 PM

TearsGypsy has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Yay, I have Guitar Hero: World Tour and Fable 2. Apart from Oblivion and Gears of War 2, I also have Fallout 3.
I have a long list of games to play, but Fallout 3 (plus all the add-ons) is my overall favorite game. We play Rock Band/Guitar Heroes when we gather in the same room.
I'm onto Bioshock 2 right now and I'm liking it.

I love fps, but I live up to my name as a target mostly.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I hadn't played my Xbox since August - no kidding. Only recently, with my sister returning from university and wanting respite from A level revision I've started playing Guitar Hero again.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I hadn't played my Xbox since August - no kidding. Only recently, with my sister returning from university and wanting respite from A level revision I've started playing Guitar Hero again.
Good choice for a return Its a casual game that is really fun and requires little concentration unless of course you are trying to complete some of the harder songs on expert
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

kateros has a default reputation

I never really understood why consoles, has so much downloadable content i myself have a PS3, but i mainly use my PC.
when you buy a game you expect to get a finished game, but you get something that looks like it has been rushed out into the stores, that makes me fell alittle betrayed, but the worst part is the prices, i don't live in USA but here PS3 games and Xbox games are very expensive about 1/5 more expensive.
and then they add more content that you should pay for.
would't it be wiser just to sell the game cheaper and then let the people deside what they want?
on the other side they make good money this way so why would they bother change it.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Ask the publishers about this. The publisher set a date when the game is suppose to be finished. Most games are not finished and are rushed at a curtain part in the development. Developers are not going to catch all the bugs. Eventually you have to make a tough decision to release the game in 'as is' or delay and potentionaly lose millions or not ship the game at all.

Why put all your ideas into one game? Why not save some for 'number 2' or expansions/DLC? DLC/Expansions are suppose to lenghten the games time, but a lot of companies abuse this by giving bulls#$t products. Those companies know they have a cult following them so they'll make money.

What millions of gamers don't realize is theres a lot more going on behind the scenes then they think. Any thing can happen which slows the dev process down or stops the game from ever seeing the light of day.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateros View Post
would't it be wiser just to sell the game cheaper and then let the people deside what they want?
From a buyers point of view, yes. From a publishers point of view, no.

They sell at such high prices for many reasons;
They must cover their costs
They want to make a profit
The customer is WILLING to pay that much and so they are able to price it at that level (if we boycotted games that price we would see a fall in price, but also a fall in the industry, no-one wants to be in an industry where theres no money to be made)
And they also price similar to competitors as that way they bonus from not being more expensive than competitors but they arent low quality/cheapy productions either (Look at Sold-Out's reputation, they sell old/budget games at a cheap price, but they are pretty much the laughing stock of the industry for that)

And that is just on a business side, nevermind the production side. There can be many issues in production and testing that can be very costly. What you must realise is that out of many games on the market, there are a great deal more that would have been on the market if they hadnt encountered difficulties...
Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Yes, their are hundreds of games that never make it past concept, hundreds more never make it past preproduction or even the pitch/presentation or the product.

I forgot to mention that I read an article that mention a few developers wanted to put some of their DLC out for free, but the console they where puting on required that they have to at least sell it at there minimal price. The devs then mentioned that, but the consoles company said they never told the devs to make the customer pay anything.

Console companies like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have there own requirements in order for Devs to put their product on theirs systems. They may require that dev to use a curtain product that cost more money and will drive up cost.

nickson104 makes good points too.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Yes, their are hundreds of games that never make it past concept, hundreds more never make it past preproduction or even the pitch/presentation or the product.

I forgot to mention that I read an article that mention a few developers wanted to put some of their DLC out for free, but the console they where puting on required that they have to at least sell it at there minimal price. The devs then mentioned that, but the consoles company said they never told the devs to make the customer pay anything.

Console companies like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have there own requirements in order for Devs to put their product on theirs systems. They may require that dev to use a curtain product that cost more money and will drive up cost.

nickson104 makes good points too.
Thank you And I forgot about that, I read that too but totally forgot about it...