Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

DOF Units - Page 15 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I spammed archers, big castle and pikemen on stronghold. On Legends they had a vampyric creature which because of its thick scales was immune to arrows; a few units like that would be good.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I spammed archers, big castle and pikemen on stronghold. On Legends they had a vampyric creature which because of its thick scales was immune to arrows; a few units like that would be good.
innded it would. lol i sound like teal`c in SGC

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Alright... too many questions to do quotes so I'll just do my best to answer them in turn.

We do not have an axe wielding human, we do have axe wielding orcs, and if Dwarves are released in an expansion you'll be sure to see them wielding some menacing looking axes.

We are planning to have "different" weapons within the game, show on models. I say planning because it is left to a finishing touch at the moment as it isn't a pivotal feature, if we have time, you'll see weapons on your infantry change as they are upgraded to better or different types. Also being considered is "trading" of weaponry where elven players could trade their better bows to humans and such for ingame currency.

Again we are "planning" on having a few skins for each unit type to break up "cookie cutter" armies. We want to minimize the amount however, so players cause still judge at a glance which model is what unit.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Sounds good Ryan. I like the idea of trading to create better units and new strategies.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 10-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
Sounds good Ryan. I like the idea of trading to create better units and new strategies.
Its nice to be able to combine units by trading weapon. However it can turn out bad too.

www.rtscomunity.com
Old 10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Gareth121 has a default reputation

I can see a downfall to that. Eventually, players will figure out a combination that will pigeon-hole them into a 'necessary' path in order to win. I think that factions should stick with their own traits and only be able to trade resources.

Perhaps an alternative would be to have faction affinities. The more you ally with other races, your affinity would increase with them until you get a certain point. After that, you can unlock research that gives sort of hybrid troops/items. Of course, building affinity would take a long time, and allying with opposing factions would lower affinity with another, so you can't get everything.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth121 View Post
I can see a downfall to that. Eventually, players will figure out a combination that will pigeon-hole them into a 'necessary' path in order to win. I think that factions should stick with their own traits and only be able to trade resources.

Perhaps an alternative would be to have faction affinities. The more you ally with other races, your affinity would increase with them until you get a certain point. After that, you can unlock research that gives sort of hybrid troops/items. Of course, building affinity would take a long time, and allying with opposing factions would lower affinity with another, so you can't get everything.
I was thinking that as well. Or you could just scrap the hybrid units and trade resources such as gold and stone for economical value.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
I was thinking that as well. Or you could just scrap the hybrid units and trade resources such as gold and stone for economical value.
That would work too, and it would be the simpliest way of trading so you can turn attention to the battle instead of trying to find the best weapon combination

www.rtscomunity.com