Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation
Default Shogun Total War 2 announced

http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1093664p1.html
Old 06-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Nice. I tried to play the first shogun, but I could get past some of its older qualities(the camera controls).

So I guess I will have another shot at it.

Edit: It sound like they are making it more personal as you will play as 'someone' and they are adding some RPG elements. But I am worried about the hero units they mentioned. I hope they don't end up like hero units on some other RTSs where they can defeat whole armies by themselves. Not having units like that is what made Total war realistic (obviously) and GREAT. I would say that these hero units should better then your normal unit, but not an army killer (Like the hero units in Starcraft).

If total war turns into 'battle for middle earth' and 'age of empires' (not that these are bad games in there own right), I will stop playing it.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima

Last edited by Henry Martin : 06-03-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Eeh looks dangerous with "hero" units. Now if they come out and say that they're going in a new direction with gameplay etc that's fine, it's their right. But then don't tell us that it has all the great things from the beautiful total war series. And make the code run faster then ETW.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Awesome
Old 06-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Definitely going to get this
Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for this post! Shogun was for me the best total war. From lurking around internet in past i have read from ppl post that Rome 2 would be the next one, but i am nicely surprised =). Cant wait x.x . It would be nice if they would add in expansion also other asian nations beside japan (china, korea, mongol....). And that hero idea can be quite interesting and fun =P and dont have anything against if they are so strong to kill 50% of your army, just hope there wont be many heroes.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 06-03-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Shogun was pretty good but my favorites were med 2 and rome

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
dont have anything against if they are so strong to kill 50% of your army, just hope there wont be many heroes.
I hope this doesn't happen as it would take away from the realism of the game. If you have let say 1500 troops and you don't have a hero, but the other side does. He would kill 750 units by himself. He should get exhausted before that happens.

I believe that percentage could change depending on the size of your army. If you have 200 units then yes 50% is reasonable, but not if you have 1000 and above, I would say around 10-15% (and lower as the number of units gets bigger) would be better.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

kateros has a default reputation

Shogun total war was one of the greatest strategy games, I have played it really got me into the genre. When I heard about Rome I was so happy. But is it just me or didn’t they have a big break between Shogun and Rome?? I’m really looking forward, to this game but I would like some more ingame pics or such.

edit: I really want to see some ninja action.

Last edited by kateros : 06-13-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

they should add the hero units to platoons as special soldiers Increasing morale and giving the little extra that ensures victory