Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXVIII - Orc Buildings - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mullens View Post
As you can see Orcs world is based around Food and Wood over anything else and their general units are a completely free spawn that then can be transformed into advanced units. Orcs have some impressive perks, just need to build those siege towers to scale the humans double layered walls!
About that, um, weren't orcs also able to build siege ladders? I know the trailers are outdated, but still why'd they get cut?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Reverie World Studios - Intern PR Representative

Michael Mullens has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
When I transform a unit does it keep it's xp upgrades that I've chosen?[/url]
The XP upgrades will stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Since i read that orcs have a weaker shamanistic source of magic, i assumed there would be some way of recruiting shamans.
There is/will be, More information to come in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
I love that its a hierachy of units, it means that the lower levels are just as important late game as the stronger units, they evolve as such
Yeah it provides for steady unit production in times of need. I enjoy the lack of cost for lower tiers.

Quote:
One question though, If the orc economy mainly bases around food and wood, both of which are very lacking in the desert, gold will have to be spent to buy these resources. However the gold in the desert, will likely be spent mostly on TRAINING for your units, even if they are basic ones, I think veterans will allow raiding and quests to be done much easier and so a better flow of the other resources...

In the desert, will your quests be more likely to offer food/wood to compensate for the defiency? (I hope not, I would rather scrape by for a while, It will encourage offensive play)
Orcs currently are cheaper than other races and their primary units Laborers, Marauders and the goblins have no cost. At the same time as you can see they are weak too. I personally have not had an issue with resources but yes in the MMORTS mode you may use the political field to fetch some resources. Quests do offer resources as reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
About that, um, weren't orcs also able to build siege ladders? I know the trailers are outdated, but still why'd they get cut?
Not cut but in development.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

WOW, i like you.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
This is just epic, a great first FF Thanks Michael

I love that its a hierachy of units, it means that the lower levels are just as important late game as the stronger units, they evolve as such

One question though, If the orc economy mainly bases around food and wood, both of which are very lacking in the desert, gold will have to be spent to buy these resources. However the gold in the desert, will likely be spent mostly on TRAINING for your units, even if they are basic ones, I think veterans will allow raiding and quests to be done much easier and so a better flow of the other resources...

In the desert, will your quests be more likely to offer food/wood to compensate for the defiency? (I hope not, I would rather scrape by for a while, It will encourage offensive play)
Only one race of orcs live in the desert, and yes living in a desert will be somewhat of a disadvantage. Quests do not currently change much if at all based on your starting region, they will give plenty of resources, but one region will not be given different amounts. That might change, but I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
also atlast there is something about orc buildings
i waited for this for a long day but this is also a fantasy saturday because it wasn´t on friday
We were a bit busy these past few days, big things in the works. And besides, that depends entirely on what timezone you live in!

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 05-29-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Looks good [another boost for the orcs]. My slight [very slight] isssues:

- The armory and the orge pit have the same picture
- It seems wierd that structures like the Pyre and the Temple have the abilities that they do...

I mean, yeah, dancing around a fire does miracles for one's self-confidence, and dumping a bunch of your blood on an altar migh turn you into a fanatical berserker, but what does the temple have to do with walls?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Not bad for your first FF, i'm sure it was rushed too with you having to go through everything and get in the swing of everything!

That being said, the fact that it's orc makes it that much better! Looks like from what you said the desert orcs really are gonna have it rough, but that's life and dammit we're tough!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Nice showcase =), tho you forgot to post also how do they look when they are burned down, since most orcs will see those pictures most of the time =P.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
Nice showcase =), tho you forgot to post also how do they look when they are burned down, since most orcs will see those pictures most of the time =P.
You're officially on the top of my list of people to raid buddy!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Looks good [another boost for the orcs]. My slight [very slight] isssues:

- The armory and the orge pit have the same picture
- It seems wierd that structures like the Pyre and the Temple have the abilities that they do...

I mean, yeah, dancing around a fire does miracles for one's self-confidence, and dumping a bunch of your blood on an altar migh turn you into a fanatical berserker, but what does the temple have to do with walls?
The temple is the "end" of the tech tree and orcs have no main building like the settlement/town hall for elves/men respectively. Thus, fitting with their aggressive nature they not only have weaker walls but they attain them later. Think of it this way, before an orc settlement has a temple it's not worth building walls around, or perhaps there's nobody intelligent enough to build these walls, priests would typically be better educated than most.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Are buildings going to be capturable? Akin to Sup Com?