Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Servers? Lag? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

u guys have not seen lag until u have played EvE Online and had 2 massive fleets going at it, with hundreds, and even thousands of players shooting each other on the same grid. a super computer, or super connection, will not save you. Its so bad fleet commanders before large fights will tell everyone to lower every graphical setting possible, and brace for the laggfest
Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
u guys have not seen lag until u have played EvE Online and had 2 massive fleets going at it, with hundreds, and even thousands of players shooting each other on the same grid. a super computer, or super connection, will not save you. Its so bad fleet commanders before large fights will tell everyone to lower every graphical setting possible, and brace for the laggfest
Haha, i didnt have problems when the whole of red vs blue guild went all out in the largest battle i have ever seen. I think both fleets numbered in hundreds It was a total destruction, however afterwards i got lots of t2 stuff No laggs because i am awesome
Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
Haha, i didnt have problems when the whole of red vs blue guild went all out in the largest battle i have ever seen. I think both fleets numbered in hundreds It was a total destruction, however afterwards i got lots of t2 stuff No laggs because i am awesome
No lag because you're 24 miles from their server compared to 2,400 =P
Old 05-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
No lag because you're 24 miles from their server compared to 2,400 =P
that, and the Alliance that attacked my allaince did not tell CCP that they were gonna make a move on our sovereignty, so CCP didnt have any of the server Nodes focused on our region, to greatly reduce lag, it was bad, we jumped through a gate and took almost 200 losses, in a few minutes, and half the fleet were still trying to load the map/grid
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

wauw, that has to suck pretty bad in your case.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
that, and the Alliance that attacked my allaince did not tell CCP that they were gonna make a move on our sovereignty, so CCP didnt have any of the server Nodes focused on our region, to greatly reduce lag, it was bad, we jumped through a gate and took almost 200 losses, in a few minutes, and half the fleet were still trying to load the map/grid
Haha, what a stupid attacker. However it might not have been so bad as you guys used alot of people one at a time
Old 05-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Lol hmm let that be a lesson to all you eve's out there.. Anyways back to topic i hope they will be able to have an advanced pairing system. Maybe even include it in the world map so you can only see players who are not only the same level but have a similar quality connection or better etc. So thoose who dont expierience lag. Wont.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Aelfwine has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Lol hmm let that be a lesson to all you eve's out there.. Anyways back to topic i hope they will be able to have an advanced pairing system. Maybe even include it in the world map so you can only see players who are not only the same level but have a similar quality connection or better etc. So thoose who dont expierience lag. Wont.
... i would love to see that... would save a great deal.. or somehow exploited... "Oh look, that guy lags - skeet-skeet-skeet- = easy win"
Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwine View Post
... i would love to see that... would save a great deal.. or somehow exploited... "Oh look, that guy lags - skeet-skeet-skeet- = easy win"
Either that or one second he is in his base, the next he has slaughtered your army and is performing a victory dance over their corpses and you have no idea what happened...
Old 05-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Either that or one second he is in his base, the next he has slaughtered your army and is performing a victory dance over their corpses and you have no idea what happened...
That's a de-sync not lag, look no further than the old Westwood Online for epic desyncing.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.