Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Another question - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

he means to say if i where to initaite an attck can the deffender say take this bribe however if said attacker says stuff it canthe attacker still attk or will he be a sad panda who cant attk and then gets no bribe ontop of it Z_z or another way to look at it is in order to not go into battle with a playeris it req that the playerdefenderinthis case HAS TOpay a bribe to stop it
Old 05-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Dunno if you have to take the bribe perse, but sure a hell hope not. might as well decline the bribe, fight and win, gaining even more resources than he offered
Old 05-26-2010, 01:57 PM

Ewing has a default reputation

haha its ok after looking at that post i dont even know if i understand what im trying to say XD i just really want to know that but when u think about it why in the world would they make it where u cant willfully attack a oponent that woudl just ruin the game experince i mean i understand the big stronghold not being able to raid a starter farmhouse but to have someone shutting me down with a bribe. it would mean my poor orc hords just walked all that way for nothing then i go back to hit same guy again get bribed again cant fight him and my orcs my poor orcs they will eventualy forget how to fight
Old 05-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Exclamation

problemis the defender gets to decide if he will let you attk him ornot currently so youd have the bribe forced down your mouth hole and hed be like RaWr
Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Well luckly nothing is set in stone Ewin so itmay be subject to change
Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToKill View Post
problemis the defender gets to decide if he will let you attk him ornot currently so youd have the bribe forced down your mouth hole and hed be like RaWr
At least you got some money for the next campaign against that person
Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
At least you got some money for the next campaign against that person
But you go up inlvl thus uable to attk them again futher more by the time they catch up to you youve most likelylostyour racial advantage IE orcs who are good early game mostlikely wont be as good late game then we get the slap of death z_Z
Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Thats....lame.
Always figured you could still turn down the bribe, or at least raise it to your taste. I mean, you might as well not build an army and keep buying people off if they can't decide weither to take it or not.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

You can immediately attack another player, and the window where he can be attacked/offer a bribe should be fairly short, at most you lose a few minutes (Which you can spend doing other things anyway). And you get essentially free resources.

Another thing I keep telling people, you're going to have more than enough resources to field several max battalion-cap armies as the game is right now, I doubt people are going to avoid fighting as if it's the plague. You only have to repair your buildings and start raising another army while bringing one of your spare armies back to your city, it's not the end of the world. You don't get set back all that much.

If for some bizarre reason nobody is willing to fight we'll just keep increasing the price for it/make it so you can only bribe so many times in a certain period or something along those lines. We're not going to just let the game devolve into Sim City. I'm pretty confident you're all worrying over nothing however, I find it hard to believe that many people are going to actively avoid fighting, especially in defense of all things where they have a pretty decent advantage.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Well likei said im hopeful this beta will change somethingsaround i consider mmorts Mode for the big boysandfor it tobe ruthless i likethe option to bribe though allthough sure MAYBE you can take more res but will it = the amountof res youve lost is another way to lookat it lol