Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Another question - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

There already is a system where you can only attack people of generally the same level... Preventing major players from preying on startups and such...

And everyone will still attack anyway, looting is the fastest and most efficient way to make money in the game... Your economy can power itself, but not sufficiently. In order to help you build up to raiding and looting, quests are available, varying from easy ones to difficult ones that have potential to pay off better than attacking a player.
The game is geared towards people attacking each other, without doing so not only will the game be a lot more boring but it will also take forever
Old 05-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

I'm kinda wondering. What is the eventual goal of DoF?
Like, in another MMORTS called BattleDawn, where your guild collects relics and whoever has the most relics at the end of it wins. Just wondering, considering that you can't conquer or destroy enemy players, so they haven't really explained the goal of the game.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
I'm kinda wondering. What is the eventual goal of DoF?
Like, in another MMORTS called BattleDawn, where your guild collects relics and whoever has the most relics at the end of it wins. Just wondering, considering that you can't conquer or destroy enemy players, so they haven't really explained the goal of the game.
To refine your question, do you mean the MMORTS gameplay?

Also, I don't think there are any winning/reset conditions, and I think it can get pretty boring if the only goal is to "be the best" when you can eventually have all the upgrades. You'll just be fighting against the best players with nothing to gain or loose besides troops or potentially soloing PvE cities. That can only take you so far.

I really can't wait for the guild mechanics to be revealed. I want to see more objectives and features that only guilds or groups can bring about.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
Also, I don't think there are any winning/reset conditions, and I think it can get pretty boring if the only goal is to "be the best" when you can eventually have all the upgrades. You'll just be fighting against the best players with nothing to gain or loose besides troops or potentially soloing PvE cities. That can only take you so far.
Well, that's the thing. Fighting against the best can be fun at times, IF there's something to gain from all of it. like you said, if there's nothing to gain from it, it gets boring easier than, lets say, being able to either conquer or destroy your enemy (which works against you the same way).

Quote:
I really can't wait for the guild mechanics to be revealed. I want to see more objectives and features that only guilds or groups can bring about.
We all want to see guild mechanics of DoF. Especially since guild wars seem to be the only real goal in DoF, to destroy your rivals and be top dog.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 PM

Ewing has a default reputation

im still so confused so let me get my version out there. so i go to attack a player a screen pops up with him offering a bribe i can choose to eather take his bribe and go home or i can say no way and just attack him now if its like that then thats fine now. i go to attack a player a screen pops up saying u have been bribed and i automaticly cant attack i just gota leave. now that will really really suck
Old 05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well if you take the payoff you can't attack him...What's so complicated about that? I imagine you won't "have" to take the payoff. Then you're free to attack. But taking the payoff and attacking anyway will simply earn you enemies. Why bother?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:44 PM

thats not what i was asking lol and i said nothing about taking the bribe and then attacking -_- i was simply asking what i asked i wish a moderation would answer my question >_<
Old 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Archmage

Lol yeah I look forward to a qualification from a devs. Devs are just hard to pin down on info. We can but hope.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:49 PM

what im trying to figur out here is will 1. a player be able to chose to take a bribe or not or 2. when a player is bribed he canot attack his enemy meaning if the oponent chooses to bribe you u have no chois but to take his bribe and come back later to try and get him to fight u again
Old 05-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Archmage

Right I figured that out on my 4th try at reading your post. I'm a bit dense today...too much coffee.