Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Moats, Tunneling - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

what about only one wall if you are to use rivers/moats? it would be great to use the river
Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

i posted a topic exaclty like this when i first joined 7 months ago, it got shot down crazy fast though....i cried....just kidding
Old 05-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Aelfwine has a default reputation

In regards to tunnelling.

Usually the reason for this is to destabilize the walls rather than infiltrate... I mean imagine sending a ragtag group against a well establish enemy in their own turf inside a choke point... Nope... but what they do is built the tunnel underneath the wall foundations, support it with work... then burn the wood supports, causing parts of the wall to crumble. Now.. if its so simple why haven't so many castles fallen to this tactic? Well, its because 60-90% of all the castles out there are built on solid bedrock or have foundations going several feet deep. The rest either have moats/sandy/wet surroundings or even have multiple layers of wall fortifications. All in all sapping somehow imbalance the game or in it self rendered moot and unnecessary.

And since moats were a main defense over sapping (rather than an attack)... they would also be quite unnecessary.

My opinion would be to just build yourself ridiculously sexy defense rings of walls and mount on them over powered defenders.

And to take them down... pop out some trebuchets/catapults weaken large sections then take them all down at the same time and bust into that large hole in the wall.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwine View Post
My opinion would be to just build yourself ridiculously sexy defense rings of walls and mount on them over powered defenders.

And to take them down... pop out some trebuchets/catapults weaken large sections then take them all down at the same time and bust into that large hole in the wall.
Yes, walls have a bigger coolness factor the moats.
Really, whats the entire point of adding another moat to rings of walls, with anti siege equipment on them and hordes of soldiers?
Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

Well my honest 2 cents would be somewhat of a compromise maybe a river in the middle of a battle field allthough that for everyone would be a bit odd but it could offer another point to do battle good in the since the attacker may be able to lure there advisary out of the castle and for the defender to perhaps lighten any damage that could/would be inflicted to his towns Allthough moats i agree wouldjust screw it up but rivers somehow running through everyones stuff while nice and id love it in rain would be weird and insteadof sappers why not someone who candig trap holes and just have troopsfall to there death but limit the number you can putdown to like 3 - 5 since unit caps seem to be like 3k though i dont seeit being aproblem for more then again i havent played the game yet so i cant give an answer honestly on how it would work
Old 05-17-2010, 02:49 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Yes, walls have a bigger coolness factor the moats.
Really, whats the entire point of adding another moat to rings of walls, with anti siege equipment on them and hordes of soldiers?
Ambiance? ... frontside pool? ... property values?... FISHING?!?!??!...

I dunno love... what might be neat would be a river running THROUGH a castle... hell they wouldn't be a point to it... but it would look awesome.... somehow..
Old 05-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwine View Post
Ambiance? ... frontside pool? ... property values?... FISHING?!?!??!...

I dunno love... what might be neat would be a river running THROUGH a castle... hell they wouldn't be a point to it... but it would look awesome.... somehow..
Well, the NPC city Darssen has a river running throught the city. So it could be possible yes.
I'd rather build around the foot of the mountains myself, and hopefully move my building up for a Minas Tirith effect.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

...rather than a river... id like to build besides a cliff... more of that bad guy thing with maybe storms raging overhead...
Old 05-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

And then they added there new rock falladd on patch :x
Old 05-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

...your being sucha wet blanket ><.

But my endpoint still is tunnelling-moats probably wont happen, UNLESS they decide to put moats on NPC/Event Fortresses... give those castles an additionaly challenge to overcome.