Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

auction - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

dirtysalmon has a default reputation
Default auction

it would be cool if there was an auction were you could sell you units to other players and the higher the unit level the more expensive they would be .also you could trade differant recorces
Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysalmon View Post
it would be cool if there was an auction were you could sell you units to other players and the higher the unit level the more expensive they would be .also you could trade differant recorces
Yeah, how would that work, seeing trade could only be able with either your own race as with NPC cities. And why sell units to people of your own race, if they can make them themselves.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

dirtysalmon has a default reputation

the same way as mercinary camps exept it would be with human players rather than NPC cities
Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

You can already buy/sell recorces and units, from the towns, not sure if you can trade with a player but i highly doubt this.

Dont think the auction idea would work if you can buy the troops already then train them up using your 'Combat master'.

Edit: not sure if you can tarde troops with another player*
Old 05-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
Dont think the auction idea would work if you can buy the troops already then train them up using your 'Combat master'.

Edit: not sure if you can tarde troops with another player*
Only reason to trade troops would be if you could trade with different races.
And yes, you can't trade units, but your units can reinforce those of guildmembers and/or friends.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

It is an interesting idea to be able to put your troops up for mercenary service though.

You could specify for how long and for how much, or

You could specify how much per day, with you being able to give the person two or three days noticed before withdrawing your troops.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
It is an interesting idea to be able to put your troops up for mercenary service though.

You could specify for how long and for how much, or

You could specify how much per day, with you being able to give the person two or three days noticed before withdrawing your troops.
Would be nice to offer services to other players... for a price .
Old 05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Would be nice to offer services to other players... for a price .
I believe this was discussed in a few older(much older) topics about being able to lend troops to another player(with you in control of them) and fight for them for money/resources. It certainly would be cool and unique to be able to act as a mercenary in an mmo and especially and mmorts. If you were good at it then you could have your mercenary army have quite a lucrative job with little political repercussions.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
I believe this was discussed in a few older(much older) topics about being able to lend troops to another player(with you in control of them) and fight for them for money/resources. It certainly would be cool and unique to be able to act as a mercenary in an mmo and especially and mmorts. If you were good at it then you could have your mercenary army have quite a lucrative job with little political repercussions.
If they are mercs, than you should not have control over them - it is a risk, but there could be the possibility of payback for a percentage of units lost.

Otherwise, how is it different than fighting with an allied player against an enemy, etc.?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
If they are mercs, than you should not have control over them - it is a risk, but there could be the possibility of payback for a percentage of units lost.

Otherwise, how is it different than fighting with an allied player against an enemy, etc.?
the enemy does not know who is helping, (hopefully) your units can give some heavy help with another player fighting together with the main player. However that should really depend, because if there is a certain payback for each unit lost then what kinda mercenaries would you guys hire? I would take the archers, long ranged and less losses. You get more for the money