Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Internship Opening: PR Representative - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation
Default Internship Opening: PR Representative

Internship: Public Relations Representative

Need something to do over the impending summer months? Looking for a steppingstone into a career in Public Relations or Game Design? This is your shot! Reverie World Studios, INC. is looking for a Public Relations Representative intern. This internship offers full access to the latest Dawn of Fantasy build and developer tools, a glimpse into the game design process, helpful coaching throughout the internship, and flexible hours (10-15/week) while working from a home office.

Internship Duration: Date Hired - July 31
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. Following the internship, the intern will have the opportunity to sign with Reverie World Studios as an employee.

Job Description:

As a Public Relations Representative Intern, you will be working under the observation of the PR Head and CEO to establish and maintain Reverie World Studios' connections as a public liaison, and to promote Dawn of Fantasy through social media marketing and search engine optimization, media updates/publication, and community events.

Responsibilities:
  • Act as a liaison between Reverie World Studios and the Dawn of Fantasy community, encouraging personal communication over the forums, email, and messenger clients that abides with preset marketing standards
  • Assist with weekly Fantasy Friday media updates and publication
  • Work with other sites to ensure up-to-date Dawn of Fantasy profiles
  • Act as a liaison with other sites and groups for exclusive interviews, screenshots, and other articles as per request
  • Maintain social networking feeds and our own forums and site, as well as regularly checking external forums and fansites
  • Assist with the distribution of, and answer inquiries regarding, the Closed and Open Betas
  • Coordinate community events such as tournaments and forum competitions

Requirements:
  • Knowledge of HTML and Content Management Systems
  • Functional knowledge of Graphic Design, SEO, and Social Media marketing
  • Proficient command of the English language with an eye for detail, as demonstrated in written and oral communication
  • A genuine passion for community interaction and MMO and/or RTS gaming

Desirable:
  • Previous experience in the Games Industry is a plus
  • Previous experience in Community Leadership or Representation is a plus
  • Functional knowledge of CSS, Flash design, and/or Lua is a plus
  • Proximity to our office in Toronto, Ontario is a plus

All applicants must be sixteen years of age or older and have a prior understanding of Dawn of Fantasy's mechanics, and must have computer specifications exceeding:
Quote:
XP, Vista, Win 7.
CPU: 3.0+Ghz single core Processor or a Duel Core processor.
Video Card: High end 256mb, atleast geforce 8 series.
Full access high speed internet connection for communication and application sharing.
Good Anti-Virus, Anti-Malwere, and Anti-Spywere for better security of Dawn of Fantasy's Data to prevent vital information leaks.
Note: These are not Dawn of Fantasy's system requirements.

About Reverie World Studios:

Formed in 2001 as Reverie Entertainment Ltd., the company now known as Reverie World Studios, INC. is committed to making a name for itself in MMO gaming and the greater gaming industry. Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Reverie World Studios is set to take full advantage of the rapidly expanding market for interactive entertainment media. Boasting a completed next-generation game engine and a team of talented designers with experience on past AAA RTS titles including Empire Earth, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, and Rise & Fall: Civilizations At War, Reverie's goal is to become a leading Canadian exporter of interactive media and retain a concentrated talent pool capable of pushing the boundaries of the industry. With its flagship title, Dawn of Fantasy, tantalizingly close to completion, the scene is set for Reverie to expand and grow, producing outstanding games and continuing to develop the company.

Please submit resumes, along with your system specifications, to: publicrelations@reverieworld.com by May 11th. All shortlisted applicants will be interviewed between May 12th and May 15th.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 05-11-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

If only i was able to meet all the requirements however i am not proficient with w7 and vista, and i never tried html All i am good at is speaking, i guess. However for ONCE i am actually old enough (very soon) to be part of something. Ahh well better luck if i ever get some experience with whats needed
Old 05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

You don't need to be proficient with Windows or Vista, you just need a computer with those specs - either a XP, Vista, or Win 7. And HTML's easy.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yeah I hope you guys get somebody who fits the bill to a T.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Oh I would be so good at that if I had any actual media skills! Well...that and knowledge of the English language. Ork ork ork!!! Sounds like something someone like Kire would be great at.

Last edited by Aametherar : 05-03-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Like the others, I would love it but I know I certainly do not meet the necessary standards

No HTML/CSS/Flash/LUA experience
No grapic design/SEO/Social marketing experience
As for my computer, I dont think my 1.5ghz quite reaches your standards even if everything else is in order

But Im sure someone will be able to fill that spot easy
Old 05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Like the others, I would love it but I know I certainly do not meet the necessary standards

No HTML/CSS/Flash/LUA experience
No grapic design/SEO/Social marketing experience
As for my computer, I dont think my 1.5ghz quite reaches your standards even if everything else is in order

But Im sure someone will be able to fill that spot easy
Yup, nail on the head. Unfortunately we're a dime a dozen heheh. Actually everything there should be pretty simple to learn, I know I have learned a bit in a few of those already just by wandering around aimlessly, but certainly not up to the standard that would be required. Like I said, it seems like something more up Kires alley, he seems pretty good with that stuff.

Oh...and there's that whole pesky English thing! Ork Ork Ork!

Old 05-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto
Unhappy

Like how I just turned 16 yesterday lol. I do understand the html and english but that's it lol
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Sorry, though I am heading into college for Comp. programming, my current knowledge is close to nil.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Ah great. 16 years old minimum again, blah blah blah.
I thought 16 was minimum for official employment, not internship?
Oh well, I'll just go back to moderating then. >.> 1 year...
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Closed Thread