Single player - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 02:15 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaerd View Post
Wait, what!?!?!? The SP was removed from the game? That's the only reason I was even interested in it, well that and the editor... I didn't want to play it online since I much prefer solo play... SO I suppose I should remove this from my list of games to watch for...
There will most likely be SP content released in time. You can also pretty much count on a lot of nice single player content being put out by mapmakers and modders given the power that the editor boasts. Also the way the MMO mode is setup it will likely be very appealing to players who generally prefer to stick to single player.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 AM

Irish_PXzyan has a default reputation

Ahh he typical singleplayer skirmish mode is there!
Good stuff!
happy to hear that!

Daermoth: Reason why people like me would not be happy is because it was said to have singleplayer over 3-4 years ago when I first visited there old website.

After waiting for so long I don't want what I have been waiting for to be taken away after years of watching this progress.

I just feel that a simple single player game should be there to the casual gamers or for those that want to relax from the online world!
and of course the multiplayer for those hardcore gamers or for those looking for a good challenge and some fun!

But my question was answered! I am happy!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

BTW, if people have read the other thread, the SP Campaign will be reintroduced as post release content, so no biggie.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_PXzyan View Post
Ahh he typical singleplayer skirmish mode is there!
Good stuff!
happy to hear that!

Daermoth: Reason why people like me would not be happy is because it was said to have singleplayer over 3-4 years ago when I first visited there old website.

After waiting for so long I don't want what I have been waiting for to be taken away after years of watching this progress.

I just feel that a simple single player game should be there to the casual gamers or for those that want to relax from the online world!
and of course the multiplayer for those hardcore gamers or for those looking for a good challenge and some fun!

But my question was answered! I am happy!
I assure you Single Player mode will be available, you were misinformed earlier - SP will be what I'll focus on too!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

If you want to know more you can always go on the dawnoffantasy website that holds all the information currently released on the game and its aims etc.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 AM

Irish_PXzyan has a default reputation

Thanks lads!

Just hurry and get a publisher already!!
been waiting for years!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:22 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_PXzyan View Post
Thanks lads!

Just hurry and get a publisher already!!
been waiting for years!!!
They already had several. the only downside of it is because of the financial crisis, all those publishers filed bankruptcy.
Such a shame that many publishers and studios have gone down under because of it .
Old 04-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

sumo0 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daermoth View Post
Given the game itself is called an MMORTS..meaning massive multiplayer online..I don't see what the big fuss about single player
u dont expect a singleplayer version of wow do u? or sto or any other MMO.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Daermoth has a default reputation

Exactly, I mean, why bother with single player in it, you can just as easy play "single player" online in the persistent world, sure there's a small chance you'll be invaded but hey, that's just normal risk that you could get from being invaded by AI in single player:P
Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daermoth View Post
sure there's a small chance you'll be invaded but hey, that's just normal risk that you could get from being invaded by AI in single player:P
Not nessecarily. Every time you log out, you still get income, but other people won't be able to attack or raid you.
Then again, staying offline only to make sure you won't be attack kinda eliminates the purpose of spending 50 dollars/euro's on it then.