Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Mouse & Keyboard Adapter for Xbox 360 - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

There is one thing we can all agree on, though - don't expect to play well with a touchpad! Or maybe that'll be my excuse when I'm failing, as I don't like using a mouse.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I play both console and PC fps games a lot and am good at both, so I'm not biased if that is what you mean. I just am much more able to fine tune all accuracy with my mouse much better than with a controller. This isn't saying that I can't aim with a controller or anything like that, just that I'm better with the mouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
There is one thing we can all agree on, though - don't expect to play well with a touchpad! Or maybe that'll be my excuse when I'm failing, as I don't like using a mouse.
Actually, a new rts game, R.U.S.E., is coming out that supports multi-touch monitors for windows 7. I don't quite know how good it is, but there are games that go for touch screens on PCs.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 03-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
I play both console and PC fps games a lot and am good at both, so I'm not biased if that is what you mean.
Not at all. My post did come off that way, sorry. Just saying that I have had this discussion many many times.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
I play both console and PC fps games a lot and am good at both, so I'm not biased if that is what you mean. I just am much more able to fine tune all accuracy with my mouse much better than with a controller. This isn't saying that I can't aim with a controller or anything like that, just that I'm better with the mouse.

Actually, a new rts game, R.U.S.E., is coming out that supports multi-touch monitors for windows 7. I don't quite know how good it is, but there are games that go for touch screens on PCs.
Touchpad, as in of the laptop. I don't have any of this newfangled technology.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Yeah touchpads - I can't stand them for gaming. I use a mouse. Plug it in, plug it in.

Touchscreens - drive me nuts. The fingerprints and all. I end up wiping them every two minutes.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Touchpad, as in of the laptop. I don't have any of this newfangled technology.
Ah, I need to read better. But yeah, playing with a touchpad would be bad in pretty much every game. 'Cept Civ games, turn-based games on single-player would be fine, but not much else.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 04-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

kateros has a default reputation

I don't think they should release it on any other platform, then the PC.
If they do that you should have roughly the same experience if u play it on them both.
If you just look at Supreme Commander 2, you see how a game with much potential, was simplified so that it could go on the Xbox 360. I’m not saying that it was a bad game. But it was very disappointing after the first one.
And if u hook a keyboard and a mouse 2 your Xbox, then it is roughly the same as playing it on a PC. So why even bother the PC properly got better graphics and performance. You will need a pretty lousy PC too not be able to play this game, no offence too creators, but the detail is not that good if you see on a single unit. I know it is properly because so that you can have hordes of units on the screen without lagging.
And if you have a keyboard and a mouse/tracker ball, then you should also own a computer.

Last edited by kateros : 04-03-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateros View Post
I don't think they should release it on any other platform, then the PC.
If they do that you should have roughly the same experience if u play it on them both.
If you just look at Supreme Commander 2, you see how a game with much potential, was simplified so that it could go on the Xbox 360. I’m not saying that it was a bad game. But it was very disappointing after the first one.
And if u hook a keyboard and a mouse 2 your Xbox, then it is roughly the same as playing it on a PC. So why even bother the PC properly got better graphics and performance. You will need a pretty lousy PC too not be able to play this game, no offence too creators, but the detail is not that good if you see on a single unit. I know it is properly because so that you can have hordes of units on the screen without lagging.
And if you have a keyboard and a mouse/tracker ball, then you should also own a computer.
Xbox 360 release will most likely be behind PC release, we will improve graphics for the 360, and add a massive amount of new content for it. But I personally do agree that we should stick with pc, but in reality consoles sadly dominate the industry because console games are not pirated as much which gives the developers more money for their work; also the game can be greatly optimized for the console while pc has limitless incompatibility issues.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 04-03-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:27 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

kateros has a default reputation

When you say pirated, I didn’t think you could do that to a MMO because it is playing online most of the time. I know the custom battles, but that is only a small part of what looks to become a great game, the online part is clearly the most important part of this game. Playing this single player would not give you the whole picture. It would feel unfinished.

Last edited by kateros : 04-04-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:23 AM

Gleem has a default reputation

So I have a few comments to make here.

1 Reaction time is based on the person. If you have some statistic showing faster reaction times on a controller vs a mouse/keyboard then the people using controllers just simply had an overall faster reaction time.

2 "This accessory makes a huge leap for Video consoles versus PC. Lack of Mouse/keyboard was a major limiting factor in my opinion."

The PS3 is plug and play with almost every mouse and keyboard, and games do support it. If you pop in Unreal Tournament 3 and your mouse and keyboard it basically functions like the PC version. I believe you can even remap keys.

3 95% of all console FPS games have auto-aim. You can argue that your favorite FPS doesn't, but it does. Look it up. Some amazing games like time splitters 2 allow you to disable the auto-aim. And yes some games have a much greater amount of auto-aim. Compare the auto-aim of goldeneye to Halo 3.. there's a vast difference, but both games have it. Also you can't drop your sensitivity for sniping on a controller at the drop of a hat like you can with most gaming mouses.

4 Sadly consoles will always have superior performance vs PC games. But on the same token PC games will (almost) always be capable of running them with higher graphical settings. Both are due to the vast available hardware for any given computer. The only games I can think of that can't look superior on a PC are games like Metal Gear Solid 4, which is so entwined in the cell processor the dev team would have to redo the game from the ground up. And as it works on certain physics only currently possible with a cell processor it would still be hell.