Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unit tumbling - Page 8 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation

Seems like a good way to balance it. In most games you just keep the upgrades after you research it, with or without the building.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Those are great ideas!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
Those are great ideas!
Glad you think so
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Ohh yeah storehouse wars, (ability to take the enemy ammo for different weapons to yourself while fighting) That seems like totally awesome Everlasting archers seems like a bad idea but a higher dmg archers slower at firing would be awesome
Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Great ideas not to keen on the chemist thing, For one i would keep fire arrows probaly in my keep/in the inner city as to not make my warhouse my only place to store things and when thats gone im stuck with defult. but then again you can argue you have to stragatize these thing and people who dont pay attention and have all there stores and valuble buildings right on the edge where they are vaunrable makes them more easy to destroy.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

How about that the archers got really high dmg but gotta refill arrows, however the enemy army can also steal the storehouse and take the arrows for their own evil needs... That would make storehouses a vital part of any army. Of course you want an archer platoon with high dmg rather then everlasting arrows?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
How about that the archers got really high dmg but gotta refill arrows, however the enemy army can also steal the storehouse and take the arrows for their own evil needs... That would make storehouses a vital part of any army. Of course you want an archer platoon with high dmg rather then everlasting arrows?
I fear doing this sort of thing would overpower the archers in seiges, as arrows can be stored normaly anywhere, and tbh i would find it really iratating if my archer battalions had to keep running back and forth to restock, if you made it so the warhouse was the only place to restock. As attackers would send in cheap units to waste your arrows and while going to restock they send in the heavys and take the walls unharmed.

I would suggest, in your storehouse having the special arrows and storehouse workers running back and forth suppling the arrows to the battalions. And when the storehouse is destroyed all you have is the speica; arrows left untill they run out, and once this happens they go back to defult arrows making there damage alot less than with special. I'm sure you would be able to make store houses in each teir of your city, this would make the storehouse a stragitc point to defend and attack. But also not make the archers to deadly or storehouse to important and leave the attacker with an easy seige. It's the only way i see to impliment this suggestion
Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

That makes sense. Will post more on this tonight.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
Great ideas not to keen on the chemist thing, For one i would keep fire arrows probaly in my keep/in the inner city as to not make my warhouse my only place to store things and when thats gone im stuck with defult. but then again you can argue you have to stragatize these thing and people who dont pay attention and have all there stores and valuble buildings right on the edge where they are vaunrable makes them more easy to destroy.
I was simply using the "chemist" example to express my ideas on the upgrade-loss system. I wasn't saying that they should be that way in-game or anything, only that fire arrows are an example of what should be a "temporary" upgrade.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Yes. Things like firestones for trebuchets, bodkin arrows for archers, and ballista bolts should be limited by a building of some kind. This would add a lot to siege battles.

Armories could become a functional building for the first time in RTSs. They have for too long been "upgrade" buildings.

In BFME, I would research everything, then destroy the building so that I could build something else. An active armory would be a nice feature.