Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Suggestion for less strictness with repeated themes - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Huh. Calm it down, guys. No cause for anger or sarcasm.

People post in their own ways. Yeah, it annoys me when I see someone who can't be bothered to capitalize the word "I" or use commas. But we get over it. Everyone misspells a word here or there. And some people don't like to take tons of time checking every post to make sure they didn't post any mistakes. But still, that's no excuse in my opinion.

Back on topic: I agree that we can't afford to drive away potential members just because they don't have my impeccable spelling and grammar . However, it does get on my nerves when a person posts the same beta question over and over, ignoring the post which answers the all questions about it. I've really liked the idea of posting an "All questions here" thread, to avoid clutter in the Main Square and keep all those repeated questions in a confined area. However, one thing that AoMH has taught me is this-people ignore those threads all the time.

I guess you're right that we need to be a little looser when threads like that pop up, but you can't blame us for getting iritated when we get "wen does te 1st beta start" for the 50th time over. (wen and te were purposeful, by the way.)
Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 PM

Pilgrim is on a good road to success

635 posts Darathor.

Something that's a quick laugh for you is highly damaging to the Reverie World Studios team's forum.
Ok, I got your first post, I see the funny side, but why take it so far that you have to force Reverie to bring in disciplinary action and turn their forum into your own playground?

Why couldn't you just let it go when I pointed out you were only kidding instead of pushing people as far as you could for your own amusement?

I'm not the least bit offended by your remarks, but I'm pretty disgusted that someone who has participated as much as you feels the need to damage these guys' forum just for a laugh, and after all their effort to be friendly to everyone.

You've gone stupidly far already and I see you intend to keep pushing and pushing. You owe the Reverie team an appology. You aren't half as funny as you think you are..
Old 02-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Guys, every time devs are called to the scene, you're taking away more time from development. We do read every post and take your suggestions to heart, but we do not have time to step in and address every comment or for petty arguments like this. I'm not going to mention names or anything, but please just don't post if you don't have anything to contribute. There's no reason to get so worked up over such a trivial topic - take a breather and let things slide. We need all the newcomers we can get, please don't scare them away. Point them in the right direction, but don't criticize minute details.

We will look into the newcomer forum idea.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 03-17-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Replying to just the first post... You guys are way to hard on new people, you welcome them, then yell at them for asking a question that has been answered like 500 threads ago. So what if they ask the same question because ITS NOT THE SAME PERSON and that is the most important thing to remember the next time you punish a person for asking a answered question.
We do not want our welcoming message to be "Welcome, now shut the hell up all of your questions have been answered already." ~ Whats the point of becoming a member?
Another big point is that guests can not use search tool or any of that crap on the top bar, this means answering answered questions benefits guests to the form.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Closed Thread