Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XVII - Homelands of Teria - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you plan to build your first human settlement?
Southmont 30 33.71%
The Rollingplain 11 12.36%
The Wold 21 23.60%
Don't make me laugh - I would never stoop low enough to command the inferior race of man! 27 30.34%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

I picked alpine region tho i live more in higher land and it also provides more defense since i like that. Beside, archers from wold looks tempting but huh i guess they are just bad version of imba elf ones =P and grassland in spring/summer must look very nice.
This was the best showcase ever for me (not picture wise but info wise =)). As ppl said i also like very much the diversity of the lands not just in looks but also from other aspects.
It would be also nice if each region would have some distinctive looks on units or buildings (aka more woodish or stoneish and some ornaments and maybe also some special armor or weaponry).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 03-12-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Hmm, I'm slightly afraid that most players will choose the Southmont region, putting a certain similiarty in play styles and cities. On the other hand, the players of the game who've actually seen this and not a cavalry post (later on) that expands upon it's bonuses will be in the minority. After all, I'm only choosing Southmont because I live in a pretty flat area, and as such am always amazed if I ever visit a mountanous region. It strikes me as nice to think that I'll be able to see that sort of scenery every day if I make my city there.

Also, my rts play style is fairly turtilish. It's probably because I fail at multi-tasking, and need walls to protect everything for me .

In regards to GPS, I'd hope we wouldn't be able to use Postern gates as a way in. Not only is it un-realistic (people don't design open doors into fortresses) it'd be unbalancing because people could bypass both wall and gates easily, even if they are hard to find. My final argument against it is that they've never shown an AI/themselve taking advantage of them. Unless it's going to be this game's best-kept secret strategically, I don't see it being implemented.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
Hmm, I'm slightly afraid that most players will choose the Southmont region, putting a certain similiarty in play styles and cities. On the other hand, the players of the game who've actually seen this and not a cavalry post (later on) that expands upon it's bonuses will be in the minority. After all, I'm only choosing Southmont because I live in a pretty flat area, and as such am always amazed if I ever visit a mountanous region. It strikes me as nice to think that I'll be able to see that sort of scenery every day if I make my city there.

Also, my rts play style is fairly turtilish. It's probably because I fail at multi-tasking, and need walls to protect everything for me .

In regards to GPS, I'd hope we wouldn't be able to use Postern gates as a way in. Not only is it un-realistic (people don't design open doors into fortresses) it'd be unbalancing because people could bypass both wall and gates easily, even if they are hard to find. My final argument against it is that they've never shown an AI/themselve taking advantage of them. Unless it's going to be this game's best-kept secret strategically, I don't see it being implemented.

ya it seems like everyone will be going into the mountains to setup up there stronghold. i also was going to, but if theres gonna be calvary bonuses in the plains im definalty switching to there, calvary own everything except spearmen, so the enemy will have little to defend agianst my epic LOTR style calvary charged
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Epic charge ....meet epic berserkers
Old 03-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Just to clarify the only 'Secret doors' are used for defenders and probably easily brought down/blockaded if the enemy tryed to gain access. And im an minority \o/, to me southmont region was inferior to the other 2, as although i like to turtle. I think the wold would be an easy start and harder end game and southmont would be hard start and easier end game.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

i like it, the world that is. It looks awesome
Old 03-13-2010, 03:37 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

I love how all the regions will offer different styles of playing... I am not sure which I would use... Cavalry are awesome... But so are archers... But then again a mountain stronghold is also awesome...
Old 03-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
I actually thought Rollingplain would get a lot of votes. I guess might be because we haven't talked much about cavalry yet. But it's a big advantage for the region - kind of like Dawn of Fantasy's Rohan
Well, that may be because it looks as if they get the most numerous disadvantages - well, that's how it appeared when I read the showcase. But then again, cavalry are amazing. In any case, I think we've established that all the regions are awesome
Oh keep using tables for your showcases, it's great presentation!
Old 03-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

I like the showcase. I think more dynamic players willl choose the flats while i myself would probably go for the mountian region for its greater flow of ready gold,food (gold makes the world go round:P). and with dagbor close etc i can probably trade more readily to with acess to more merc's and trade routes.

So guess its the mountians for me :P
Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 AM

Justin has a default reputation

The planes seem to have the most disadvantages, and the military bonus is just a speed upgrade not an attack or defense, it does not look good on paper but it may be more balanced in game.