Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Teaser Time! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto
Default Teaser Time!

Alex: "Earlier today, I put together this seemingly simple screenshot of a small pavilion deep within one of Teria's forests.

However - don't let looks deceive you. In creating this screenshot, I chose to show off one of my favorite tools of the DOF scenario design editor. With this tool, scenario designers can make whatever they want - if you can dream it, you can build it. See if you can figure out the functions of this tool and what I used it for!"

link:
http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/f...n=65&st=recent

After the few post I wanted to guess at it.

Is it like the brush/shape tool in UnrealEd and some other editors.? you can make simple to complex(not recommended) shapes with it.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

i am just guessing you meant taser time?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 AM

willrockyo1 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Alex: "Earlier today, I put together this seemingly simple screenshot of a small pavilion deep within one of Teria's forests.

However - don't let looks deceive you. In creating this screenshot, I chose to show off one of my favorite tools of the DOF scenario design editor. With this tool, scenario designers can make whatever they want - if you can dream it, you can build it. See if you can figure out the functions of this tool and what I used it for!"

link:
http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/f...n=65&st=recent

After the few post I wanted to guess at it.

Is it like the brush/shape tool in UnrealEd and some other editors.? you can make simple to complex(not recommended) shapes with it.
Wow that's hot! Most RTS's I play, some of the most enjoyable scenarios are player created. Having an innovative map editor is just sooo clutch. I wonder if we can do other scenarios too, like make random enemies spawn on the map, like a survivalist kind of deal
Old 02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Players will have access to all of the tools the devs use, except for possibly Photoshop and advanced modeling software. So yes, you'll be able to make random survivals and any other map you can think of.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 02-22-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:41 PM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

Man I can already see the hours I will sink into making a good map while my MMORTS army lies in neglect. It's one thing making an addicting format that people enjoy playing, and quite another to make the above with mouth watering visuals like that!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
Players will have access to all of the tools the devs use, except for possibly Photoshop and advanced modeling software. So yes, you'll be able to make random survivals and any other map you can think of.
Luckily I have access to Photoshop and 3 advanced modeling software(max,softimage,maya). No its ilegally, I own the those products which are expensive.

Was I right or wrong?

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I'm not sure I understood you. Are you referring to a terrain tool, or a model editor?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:46 PM

If you ever used any none RTS editor there is a tool that you can make simple geomatry in the editor(most nonRTS editors have one, but I don't know if all have them). In the UnrealEd its called the Brush tool. UnrealEd, Hammer editor, Sandbox(2) editor(crysis 2) have it.

I saw what the answer was earlier. I was way off.

Last edited by Henry Martin : 02-23-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I really will enjoy using that tool. It makes me that much more excited about the game.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:30 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

thats a really good idea, and will make it stand out compaired to other companys