Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Harbour Cities - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

metman has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
Maybe as 4th option (like one if is in mountain than you have better magic..... in forest than better archers..... (as there are 3 options to where your castle would be now i guess)) and here if you are by sea you have improved ships/trade/natural defense.....
Just a few things with this post. First, why would living high in mountains give you a better magic ability. Also, archers need a good distance between themselves and a target so they can hit them before they are killed by the rushing infantry or cavalry. A forest does not allow for this due to the fact there are so many trees cutting off the archers' line of sight. That's just my opinion.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

well you are absolutely right, but hey we dont walk around on a plain with a bow now do we? The foresters got their bow skills since they trained with it since they were little, HOWEVER they might not be able to kill like the other archers on their territory they pay for it with skill. Also instead the plainsmen would be better swordsmen and others. (needed for fighting other tribes since the woodlands are too hard to find them in.) tough i do think that top of mountain magic thingie is just weird but perhaps if there was a temple there. (that i destroyed) then MAYBE
Old 02-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

well u cant farm in a forest, so ur main source of food would be by hunting, thus where the bow and arrow comes in, thus why they would have skilled archers. and mountainous regions i think would have extremely good defenses castle wise, but nothing special when it comes to units. great plains would have strong calvary. swampy areas..no idea.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

swampy areas should have better spearmen since spears are whats used to keep evil monsters at a distance Or just that they dont walk slow in the mud like everyone else do
Old 02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
swampy areas should have better spearmen since spears are whats used to keep evil monsters at a distance Or just that they dont walk slow in the mud like everyone else do
that or some of there units could have a special ability where they hide underwater and breath through little tubes and ambush there enemies, that would be pretty sweet
Old 02-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by metman View Post
Just a few things with this post. First, why would living high in mountains give you a better magic ability. Also, archers need a good distance between themselves and a target so they can hit them before they are killed by the rushing infantry or cavalry. A forest does not allow for this due to the fact there are so many trees cutting off the archers' line of sight. That's just my opinion.
Y i was wrong here little, tho was trying to say as later blue said about different landscape support more x units. And that was old post =P.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

metman has a default reputation

Oh sorry. I probably shouldn't have said anything about that archers it was just the mountain and magic thing that got me a little off. At least it started good conversation.

Last edited by metman : 02-20-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Sharku has a default reputation

I hope we can build our cities on the coasts or on islands, b/c I was sure planning on that
Old 04-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

None of the homelands are near large bodies of water, sorry.

With that said, I know a lot of you are curious about naval warfare, but it's not an integral part of the game unless our publisher wishes otherwise. There will be some small battles and some rogue pirates, but your fleet will be small and mainly be used to get from A to B and carrying resources. You'll also hire ships much like mercenaries rather than building docks. We'll look into this more down the road, but for now, we've recently rehired another level designers (you may remember his son who registered in this forum not long ago) and he and another level designer are starting work on 20 or so small towns throughout Mythador including harbour towns where you can hire ships and at least one island stronghold while Joseph works on the dragon realm. And like the larger towns, you'll be able to lay siege to any of these small towns fairly early into the game.

It's a possibility that naval warfare will get emphasized in a sequel or expansion, but for now, it's a relatively small part of a large game.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Excellent.Glad to hear you guys are able to bring at least one more able bodied crewman on board (bad pun I know). Push ahead.