Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Disease - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto
Default Disease

i was wondering if maybe in an expansion of the game or a patch or update or something if u guys could incorporate a sort of disease warfare

like if u have a small army and your trying to take a heavily defended castle why not use some dead cows, toss em in ur catapults and throw them over the walls and spread disease and havoc in there city? unless the other player could burn the cow bodies ( or any animal really ) there city would slowly become infested with disease.
i do beleive this strategy was used in a lot of lengthy seiges in real life. also its been incorporated into other games like strongold pretty succesfully. i think that if DOF players could use disease as a weapon instead of just swords it would be a sweet addition to the game

any other opinions? criticism?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

diseases would be awesome, however it should be possible to burn/bury them all. Tough sometime the oil and earth gotta take to an end... Or the manpower needed to move it so... Its a good idea
Old 02-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

I think one of the devs said that the orcs can already do this. I could be wrong, though.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

And if they die of that disease they rise as zombeys !!=)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
I think one of the devs said that the orcs can already do this. I could be wrong, though.
Im not too sure if it was the devs, but I DO remember such a topic coming up before, and i think it was that you could launch cattle at the enemy, of course this wouldnt have the same effect as throwing a big lump of rock, i think buildings would experience little change whereas infantry would have the collision damage and the damage-over-time...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Yes, but disease was always a long-term siege factor. As demonstrated with the siege weapons, the last thing we want is a long term siege. However, if disease worked fast, why waste troops? Every siege would become a black plague trap unless there were very strict limitations.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Im not too sure if it was the devs, but I DO remember such a topic coming up before, and i think it was that you could launch cattle at the enemy, of course this wouldnt have the same effect as throwing a big lump of rock, i think buildings would experience little change whereas infantry would have the collision damage and the damage-over-time...
i used the search bar looking for that exact thing cuz i couldnt remember if this had been discussed before or not, i treid and failed, thus another example of its uselessness. and a boulder and a cow weigh about the same so i htink the damage to a wood biulding would be about the same, but walls the cow would just bounce right off lol
and ya burning the bodies, or burying them ect. this would be a good strategy to distract ur enemies manpower into fighting disease then siege there caslte, much content and strategy to be added
Old 02-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Could be cool but seems too weird to incorporate into a fantasy setting, then there's the problem of implementing it. While possibly quite fun and interesting, as well as unique, as it would be, I don't think it would make the cut as new features in an expansion or sequel, mostly due to the uniqueness of it, especially in a medieval type fantasy game.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 02-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
Could be cool but seems too weird to incorporate into a fantasy setting.
I see nothing weird with this strategy. Poisoning water by throwing dead animals in wells and launching dead rotting bodies over city walls is a strategy that really has existed. The people under siege could do nothing but burn them, and burning a body requires alot of oil wich is expensive for a city with limited supplies. Altough it's hard to imagine a siege battle with cows instead of stones raining down on the castle
Old 02-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I jus tdon't see how it could be properly implemented.