Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dawn of Fantasy in the News - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

I actually thought the pictures looked pretty decent, especially for 2003. Haven't read the article yet. Pictures are much more awesome
Old 02-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Interesting articles. nice to see how the game has developed since 2003. But I am glad this was not the Fantasy Friday - it would have looked like you had forgotten and then thrown something together. I did not realize that Reverie had so much connection with the AoE2 designers. That makes sense though, given all of the references to it.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Yup, Kon, Kristo, and pretty much all of our original designers were either AoK scenario designers or modders. Today, a lot of our talent comes from former Age of Mythology designers, but we have a couple from the realm of AoK.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Very nice! I like those screenshots quite a lot! I'm glad to know that I know more about this game awesome game. It was interesting to learn about some of the more technical aspects of the game.

I found another article randomly somehow that mentions the lack of mmorts games and mentions Dawn of Fantasy.

http://www.mmorpg-center.com/the-lack-of-mmorts-games

Oops, double post.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 02-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Thanks for linking. I really enjoyed the read. Here's hoping DOF breaks that bad luck streak for MMORTS. (or just brain dead pub/management)
Old 02-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

New: Another DOF feature, courtesy of GameSource.it, whose staff writer, Michael "Miccighel" Soprano, recently wrote up an extensive preview of Dawn of Fantasy based off of the information publicly available. Despite the flaws of Google's automatic translation, this preview is a very entertaining, and well-researched read that focuses on the main elements of Dawn of Fantasy gameplay. Without having played the game yet, GameSource gave their opinions on the concept, technology, and ambition behind DOF and expressed some concerns and hopes for the game. One disclaimer - as most of you no - the single-player campaign revolving around Erian was scrapped from the initial release. In its place will be the MMORTS campaign and possibly a Conquer the World campaign - however, we do plan to release the original SP campaign at a later date as we already have it a little over 300 pages of polished script and a couple of the scenarios completed. Should be interesting if they choose to do another preview after having played the game to see how they compare.

Check it out here! [Translation Powered by Google]
Old 02-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

im glad to see that they have high hops for this game. also im really glad to see that DOF is starting to get recongnized finally
Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 PM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
New: Another DOF feature, courtesy of GameSource.it, whose staff writer, Michael "Miccighel" Soprano, recently wrote up an extensive preview of Dawn of Fantasy based off of the information publicly available. Despite the flaws of Google's automatic translation, this preview is a very entertaining, and well-researched read that focuses on the main elements of Dawn of Fantasy gameplay. Without having played the game yet, GameSource gave their opinions on the concept, technology, and ambition behind DOF and expressed some concerns and hopes for the game. One disclaimer - as most of you no - the single-player campaign revolving around Erian was scrapped from the initial release. In its place will be the MMORTS campaign and possibly a Conquer the World campaign - however, we do plan to release the original SP campaign at a later date as we already have it a little over 300 pages of polished script and a couple of the scenarios completed. Should be interesting if they choose to do another preview after having played the game to see how they compare.

Check it out here! [Translation Powered by Google]
I can definitely see DoF as the template by which all future RTS's are based and I think this article does that justice. The screenshots just get me more excited about actually playing the game. Beta cannot come sooner.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

and in this he puts up the starting spells ARGGGGG why did i not search it!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:05 AM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
and in this he puts up the starting spells ARGGGGG why did i not search it!
Whoops. Did you miss it in the Gamesource.it beta key contest?