Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday IX - Human Siege & Counter-Siege - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation
Default Fantasy Friday IX - Human Siege & Counter-Siege

FANTASY FRIDAY IX
Human Siege & Counter-Siege

Hey guys. I have a feeling you're all like this showcase, as we take a look into a whopping eight new units. Siege and counter-siege both play a huge role in Dawn of Fantasy, so we decided to introduce the units for some background information before we start getting into the gameplay mechanics.

Enjoy!

SIEGE

The Trebuchet

Description: A ranged machine which is great against buildings and battalions, but has little health and armor. Trebuchets are the human ranged siege units, and are useful for clearing off towered enemy archers from a distance before bringing in your rams and infantry.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 750
Stamina: 0
Damage: 300
Accuracy: 127
Defense: -
Armor: 20
View/LOS: 1580
Range: 1100
Speed: 41
Charge: -
Unique Abilities:
Scatter Shot – Launches a dozen of small rocks toward the enemy. Good against infantry.
The Battering Ram

Description: Heavy siege unit which is great against buildings, but useless against units. Rams are best used to quickly take down enemy gates.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 3900
Damage: 130
Accuracy: 32
View/LOS: 340
Speed: 41
The Belfry

Description: Siege unit which provides a strong, mobile ladder for scaling enemy walls. To use a belfry, move it over to an enemy wall and right click a wall segment to lower the bridge, allowing access. Your units can climb up the belfry and access the wall via the lowered bridge.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 8500
Damage: -
Speed: 58
The Escalade

Description: A common ladder deployed at the base of enemy walls for an easy scaling solution. While quicker and cheaper than belfries, escalades will fall quickly to enemy attacks.

Initial Statistics:
Stamina: 100
Damage: -
Speed: 70
Charge: 86
COUNTER-SIEGE

The Bastion Trebuchet

Description: This trebuchet is similar to the siege trebuchet, but is permanently mounted to a wall bastion or keep, for the cost of 260 Wood and 100 Gold. Bastion trebuchets feature significantly heavier armor than their mobile counterparts, but have a reduced range. Good against both siege weapons and infantry.

Initial Statistics:
Damage: 300
Armor: 82
View/LOS: 1520
The Stone Tipper

Description: A counter-siege mechanism that releases its load of stones onto enemy units in proximity. Good against infantry. After launching, there will be a short delay before the stone collection is replenished and the mechanism can be used again. Stone Tippers can be purchased as upgrades to wall segments for 80 Wood and 50 Gold. Costs stone to fire.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 450
Damage: 175
Armor: 82
View/LOS: 275
Unique Abilities:
Flamed Projectiles – Stones can be enflamed, increasing their damage.

The Oil Pot

Description: A counter-siege mechanism that pour boiling oil on nearby enemy troops. The oil pot can be built on enemy walls and towers for 90 Gold.After a period of time, the oil is replenished and the pot can be used again. Good against siege units.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 400
Unique Abilities:
Automatic Pouring – Toggle auto-pouring and leave your oil pots alone, or take control to fire the oil at the most strategic moments.

The Wall Hoarding

Description: Hoardings can be built on wall segments for 40 Wood to provide cover for archers and other units underneath. The hoarding protects units by providing them with a 25% pierce armor increase while in proximity. Hoardings have a low transparency in-game to allow you to still work with units underneath.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 01-15-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

another cool showcase alex, enjoyed reading it

One thing I wanted to remind people of is that height = increased range, the bastion treb will normally outrange the mobile treb.

My favorite is the boiling oil.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Ah, yes, good catch!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Great showcase. Can't wait to do a siege myself. I agree josh warner, boiling oil is awesome and can't wait to use it.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Jonathan Werk has a default reputation

In the previous showcase, people were wondering about archer friendly fire.
While you can't kill your own guys with archers, you definitely can kill your own guys with siege, so be careful where you're launching those rocks.

I'm a big fan of the stone tipper.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Terrific preview. I love fridays . Will the height increase the range of such things as boiling oil or the rock droppers..er stone tippers or will it simply increase the range of archers and counter trebs? Also do the elves and orcs get different wall defenses or will they be the same? or some percentage of the same siege units?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Wow, this makes me want to play Men even more. I can't wait to see more on them. Great job, keep it up guys!

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 01-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

great now i am even more eager to play it
Old 01-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Very nice! Glad to see that men will be quite interesting. I like the wall hoardings and I've never seen them in a game before, and they're cool. But I personally like the stone tipper the best, especially with the stones on fire!

I also like how you named the siege towers and ladders uniquely.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 01-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Very nice.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.