Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

No undead race please - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

I have an idea!
Wouldnt be interesting, if undeads werent playing faction, that would be made, as mongols in total war, as invasion ..... there would be one lich/xx behind and would spread poison which would return some units to life when they die as undeads under his command. Also they will be lurking some undead groups/armies around and attacking stuff. So the best way to defeat invasion is to find lich/xx and kill him. To do so, the best way would be that all players would work together or they will fail or make even more undeads. Imagine capital city being sacked which would increase amount of undeads =). But if they fail the army of undeads leave and take x% of your goods (because if all ppl fail the undeads would be there forever killing everyone which would kill the gameplay).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Well picking up the previous comments on undead, i also dont like the idea people say that they would be the ultimate army but get this.

1. If you get killed by undead so that you turn surly you wouldn't join the people who just killed you and then be expected to serve these people like a slave, I for one wouldnt and start attacking the undead.

2. If the undead started attacking someone surly they would be no match for someone at full health and has not limping problems eaither that or they can just run away easy solution.

3. In this game what would be there food sorce as humans have grain and livestock, orc have there worgs and stuff and elves use the forest. The undead would need brains and organs so the only viable option would be to eat them selves or have a human/orc/elf breeding program because im sure enough they cnt raid people all the time as more they kill more there are more mouths to feed, or they would just try to attack somewhere and be ahniliated by soilders. thus all dieing out
Old 01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Well do it like this then, NO FRICKIN ZOMBIES! Make them mercenary and very weak but you can raise large armies if they manage to stay alive through a battle and kill a unit. THEN you got for the traditional Ghoul/skeleton armies! With a necromancer hero who can either raise them one after another or do like they do on vikings battle for aasgard, they stand there spawning groups of people to keep on fighting as other groups die. I could not care less if the zombies were in the game, what i want is UNDEAD in general. They make me THINK i got an overpowering army even tough they barely manage to walk straight
Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
what i want is UNDEAD in general. They make me THINK i got an overpowering army even tough they barely manage to walk straight
haha funny post.
what happens when hordes of undead take down an ogre? zombie ogre?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
haha funny post.
what happens when hordes of undead take down an ogre? zombie ogre?
A skeletal one.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

then it should die, until it is resurrected by an evil power that far exceeds the expectations of the entire game community
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Unen has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
then it should die, until it is resurrected by an evil power that far exceeds the expectations of the entire game community
I agree, this thread has gotten way out of hand and people are un-reasonably being rude. Its just a suggestion, his opinion nothing that deserves semi hostile bickering. And if I understand peoples opinions correctly the OP is arguing against dawn of the dead brain eating type zombies, NOT(?) necessarily the type of ghosts/skeletons/lich's that are shown/used in things like DND, warcraft or other similar fantasy settings which is what people seem to be assuming and arguing back about the OP being wrong. Close the thread maybe?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unen View Post
I agree, this thread has gotten way out of hand and people are un-reasonably being rude. Its just a suggestion, his opinion nothing that deserves semi hostile bickering. And if I understand peoples opinions correctly the OP is arguing against dawn of the dead brain eating type zombies, NOT(?) necessarily the type of ghosts/skeletons/lich's that are shown/used in things like DND, warcraft or other similar fantasy settings which is what people seem to be assuming and arguing back about the OP being wrong. Close the thread maybe?
I thought the discussion was pretty civil myself Unen.

I don't even think he's 'wrong' at all, I just think his argument for it in the first place wasn't very good, little more than discussion. I'd much rather see several other races made before one revolving around the undead.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 01-12-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

I only posted what i thought about the zombie troll becoming a skeletal one

Last edited by blackfang : 01-12-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: felt like it
Old 01-13-2010, 05:30 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

My favourite 'undead' faction in a loooong time... The Drowning Doom, in Brutal Legend... That game was great fun, the characters interacted well and a good story (if short) was developed, with three awesome factions... XD

The Drowning Doom, basically a sort of undead faction, battled mainly through DEPRESSING their opponents!
The wiki of them is the following link
http://brutallegend.wikia.com/wiki/Drowning_Doom
My favourite description has to be of the gravediggers, 'they fight in large numbers as this helps them to express their individuality'

This is another one of Tim Schafers games that did not disappoint, but never had as much popularity as it should have...

Of course this is all personal opinion...